Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Parking Sensors

Meta have a range of these. Thinking about fitting some as I find the C a hell of a lot harder to reverse into my (fairly tight) drive.

Not got a price yet, thought I'd gauge reaction on here first.

Any thoughts?

had them on a micra (the shame!) i owned ages ago, its good if you're really rubbish at parking, but i found that the beeps got more frequent until you got to a distance of about a foot away from an object, at which point the tone went constant. problem being than you sometimes need to know a bit more accuratly how far you are from something, and knowing you have a foot to go when you hear that constant tone means you're more likely to think 'just a touch further' and end up still hitting something. I did it a couple of times when trying to get into a tight space! so to sum up, in tight spaces they're not as usful as you might hope :(

The C is one of the worst cars I've owned for rearward visibility.

After touching a wooden post in a garden centre with the rear bumper (I am an old git after all!), without hesitation I had Valeo sensors fitted by my local garage and have not regretted it.

Mine sound same as chrishill's but cant relate to his problem of still backing into things. Geordies are a bit coarse and very aggressive, of course. :wink:

(Kidding! - Alan Shearer, what a man.)

I'm a good deal younger than you craig (not meaning to call you old!!) and my driving experiance was... lacking, i might go so far as to say i was a bit 'gung-ho' at times! maybe with a more mature head on my sholders i'd have trusted the beeps and stopped, as it was I thought I new better! :lol:

I think as the C has a fairly flat back as opposed to a sunken reg holder it would stick out too much?

Dont suppose anyones got one on their C?

Just fitted the Meta SR52 Targa kit that is built into a number plate holder to my wife's beetle. Picked it up off e-bay for £65, really easy to fit and very effective. You can adjust the sensitivity to get it just as you want it and it's pretty unobtrusive on the car. Check out this link.

Hi Bill - is there much wiring involved, ie do you have to run a switched live from the front of the car and also mount a speaker?

And what does it look like from the rear? I assume you have to mount the sensors?

My mum has this on her car and finds it really usefull.

From what I've being told the wiring can go through the nuber plate light hole and then you just have to position the speaker, an earthing wire and attatch it to the reversing circuit (or whatever its called).

I'm getting a cat 1 fitted on fri, I'll try to get tehm to get one out so I can see what it looks like.

My mum has this on her car and finds it really usefull.

LOL - it's my Mum thats been asking about them too... I just want to know how much hastle i'm in for when fitting!

LOL..yep, my mum had them ( I think as standard ) on the car she bought a couple of years back and now she's looking for a replacement she won't have a car without them.

Supercharged, check out the link I attached it includes fitting instructions. Very easy to fit - live wire to spare terminal on reversing light cluster and earth anywhere nearby then site the speaker wherever convenient. As you can see the sensors are fixed to each end of the number plate surround.

Good luck,

Bill

Just had a quote from my local trusted electrical peeps for the parking sensors that fit into the rear bumper. (The four little circles).

£200 fully fitted.

As I'm getting the car partially resprayed inc rear bumper, they will be body colour too.

Any pics of a C with these fitted would be nice.

Cheers