Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

Parts Club Pricing - Updated for 2007!

Ah cheers for that supercharged. everytime i buy something my stealer says its not on the list

HI YA JUST WONDERING, HOW DO WE QUALIFY FOR THE PARTS CLUB PRICES?!?!

first off ya need to put yer caps lock off................seriously you have to be a VWCCGB member :wink:

Cheers dude! - Yes you need to be a CCGB member to qualify for the prices but its well worth the £15 just for the excellent 'Sprinter' magazine or the savings you'll make on parts, you should also get a discount on everything else but its up to the dealers (or stealers) how much they give you.

The CCGB website is looking better by the day and the membership details can be obtained from there.

so if i become a CCGB member what do i do jus show my card at VW and i get the discounts....also i went to my local VW few months back and ased if they give CCGB members discount and they said NO but they are on ya list....

so if i become a CCGB member what do i do jus show my card at VW and i get the discounts....also i went to my local VW few months back and ased if they give CCGB members discount and they said NO but they are on ya list....

TBH partsclub is really the trade-side of the VW parts system......in that unless you order whatever you need on the internet from your local particapating dealer you will get the standard retail price for the item less 10% VWCCGB discount........as i've just found out.....last week when i needed a new fuel pump from my local dealer they told me i had my VWCCGB discount taken off....which rightly i did £95 less 10%(+vat) however when i looked up the parts club website earlier on this week i find that under the parts club scheme this should have been £70+vat.....when i phoned to complain ive been told that parts club prices are only available to "trade" ppl with accounts etc........needless to say i'm following this up as VWCCGB members are entitled to this

Roddy,

Yeah, I keep a copy of the list in the car incase the parts people argue... half of them don't know it exists - I try to only deal with the people I know now and I tell them what price I'm gonna pay! - they should have a book of all the prices there.

Also GSF discount 10% on everything to Club GTi members (need to show card)

Ridgeway Reading (though on the list above) are refusing point blank to either a) give me parts club discount or even b) give me VW CCGB discount.

They deny all knowledge...

How can you order parts online on partsclub? I'm sure I've missed it, but I can't see the "order now" button anywhere...

I think Mike Edwards has done this then just collects the parts from his local dealer - maybe he can shed some light on how this works?

I spent some more time looking, and I think there's only a few dealers take orders via the parts club web site. Most you have to call and give them the details, some you can fax the print-out to. Ridgeway is one of the ones that's listed on the scheme but isn't shown as accepting orders any way other than in person...

In future I'll be ordering from Windrush in Maidenhead, who *do* offer fax or telephone ordering based on partsclub login.

Ridgeway are being extremely anal about not even offering an owner's club discount however. I'm really NOT impressed. :x

Yeah, thats what I don't like - Inconsistency between the dealers and even between the different parts people at the dealers...

Luckily a guy at my local one is fairly good and because I've been using them for nearly 5 years I can order over the phone finding my own part numbers on ETKA, next day delivery and partsclub prices or 15% on anything else paying when I pick them up. The only probelm is they have just employed some young twet who will have none of it and is no use at all over the phone- real arrogant little shite!

Bassically if dealers won't give discount for enthusiasts, take your business elsewhere!

So how would I go about ordering from my local VW dealer? Go in person and show my CCGB card? And how does ordering online work? I seem to remember Henny has used Smith Knight Fay in Stockport at some point - do they honour the discount? They are shown on the list.

it depends on the dealer,ive tried at my local dealer and they have denied all kmowledge of the scheme,even though they are listed :x

Yeah, I think you just need to go in person and try your luck, I now get max discount on everything and can order over the phone i buy and I don't actually buy that much, I just go in reguarly and get a few bits and also get stuff for freinds as i go past the dealer alot when i'm working. I just bought new front discs and pads for my mates Mk3 GTi and they came to less than £20 inc. :)

none but most dealers will give at least 10% for club members, and the CCGB should be eligible for the parts club scheme where some stuff is 50%, its because they can discount more one certain parts...

Cheers Supercharged, so I check if I'm getting the right discount by downloading the pdf file at the start of this thread? Sorry to go on and on...

None.

It all depends on what you negotiate with the guy, there and then...

I have got parts club prices, and other times I've paid full price. It's very variable..

Sheppards in Bishop's Stortford gave me parts club prices and a 10% discount on everything else I just ordered (pushing £250!) just by me saying I had a Corrado Club membership. They didn't even ask for my membership number.

Thoroughly nice chap too, extremely helpful.

01279 505079