Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

is it possible?

hello lads I will not be changing the engine for quite a while yet! as My C engine is the best and im sure will run for at least another 100k

my proposition is it possible to put an audi 2.7 bi-turbo lump in a C?

I think they start at 230bhp up?

but the tuning aspects would be huge wouldnt they? any views/comments would be great!

thanks andy

audiS4engine.jpg

104_P1010598.jpg

Transplants

2.7 Litre V6 30V Bi-Turbo into Bora, Corrado, Passat and A4

Our most powerful conversion by far. The 2.7 litre quad-cam 30V bi-turbo engine from the Audi S4 is used, producing 267bhp in standard form. Mated to a Motec engine management system, it is capable of 360bhp. Our kit includes engine, gearbox (2WD only), Motec M800 intercoolers, exhaust including cats and downpipes, wiring loom, cross member kit (required for 4 cylinder cars), V6 radiator (required for 4 cylinder cars) and Ramair induction kit.

There are many variations available for this transplant; RS intercoolers, bigger injectors and KO4 turbos are available at extra cost.

Fitted Price £11160.00

Yeah they are very reliable, in standard trim at least. Bloke at work has got an Audi S4 with that engine in it and he's had zero problems with it.....and it sounds bloody lovely too and creamy smooth, tonnes of torque from the off too. The VR is a doggy old massey ferguson by comparison!

kevHaywire, dont think it would be has reliable in a corrado... the engine maybe bulletproof but the rest of the car would take the strain

11k isnt bad but i bet it ends up closer to 15-18k once you get the car working properly with the right suspension, brakes etc etc etc

had a dream abt doing this once even called up darren to do it, but then i woke up and smelt my pocket burning up

It will certainly run hotter in the compact Rado engine bay, but the rest is standard uprating that we all do when adding more power.