Sign in to follow this  
TMT McCoy

TMT McCoy's 'Coupe...More of the usual page 10 :smile:

Hello, everyone. I've been participating alot lately in, A20 Lee's member gallery thread and it was suggested to me that I start a gallery thread of my own to share the progress & pic's of my MKII Jetta 'Coupe. I hope it's okay for me to post here seeing as though it isn't a corrado. :lol:

About two years ago I purchased a black MKII Jetta 8V sedan with the intentions of completing an OBDI VR swap along with some other bits & pieces. The plan was to have a nice daily driver. However once the motor was dropped and the interior was stripped I found that the floorpan and engine bay was consumed by rust. :cry: But I lucked out because the shop that was gonna do the swap for me had a beater MKII jetta 'coupe out back that just happened to be for sale and believe you me that it was no looker...lol! The car had faded blue paint, tacky yellow body graphic's, faded brown interior and etc... The new plan was to swap the complete VR drivetrain & MKIII interior into the car but as you can see that never happened. The project snowballed outta control and two years later after much sacrificing and heartaches I ended up with what you see here. A completely restored MKII jetta 'coupe which recieved a full shell respray. I am really proud of the paint job this car recieved. When this car got reprayed it was totally stripped. There were no doors, glass, hood, trunklid, wires or anything on the shell. The undercarriage was sprayed along with the exterior, interior and everything else was painted individually off of the shell! The paint job was really comprehensive. :D

Just to give you a heads up, the car is not finsihed yet. I still have alot left to do & work out. I just had to show the car late last season because after two years of working on it, I had started to loose inspiration. But bringing it out and getting some feedback on it was the, "order of the day" and hopefully by the start of this season the car will be completely wrapped up.

Here are some recent exterior pic's. Right now I am adding the grooved window gaskets and push-in chrome trim to all exterior windows. The bumpers are recieving chrome trim as well. I'm also planning to add a chrome, "Cult Society" boot plinth to the rear hecklende and some new 195/40's are in the post.

get in there!

not feeling the early grille at all, and it need wing mirrors but the stance of it is just mental!

more pics of the side exit and interior please!

loving the black wheels, the only way to do RS's.

Has anyone at PVW approached you yet about a feature?

Yep, please post interior pics...You must be stumped on how to improve on a car like that. Wait until Matt Heap see's it.

Pritty!!!!!! Phat is right, the car does needs wing mirrors but nice all the same. Most people turn up thier noses at Golfs with boots (Jetta, Vento, Bora) but i think they are sweet. Is it a MKI golf chinspoiler on the front? Keep up the good work.

The problem here is not enough chrome/shininess/fat wheels/ leather interior...........

.................wait a sec!

This car has it all!!!

Very nice mate, I would agree with wing mirrors and i may be tempted to change the front end, rally maybe??

get in there!

not feeling the early grille at all, and it need wing mirrors but the stance of it is just mental!

loving the black wheels, the only way to do RS's.

I hear 'ya, Phat. I've recieved lots of feedback on the grille. It seems as though people either love it or hate it...lol!

I've been corresponding with, Elliott about a possible feature but I don't feel the car is ready yet to be shot. I'm trying to work out all the details so that it's as perfect as I can get it before it gets a mag feature. If it was shot now I think it would be a great injustice to the car.

I'll get some more pic's posted between today and tomorrow. It's kinda tedious posting pic's seeing as though I'm still using a dial-up connection.

This car has it all!!!

except mirrors......and a "hood".

It's more than worthy of a feature, and a front cover shot for sure. keep at it.

It reminds me of "big" Ron Huyzers mk2 VR, my favourite mk2 ever.

Pritty!!!!!! Phat is right, the car does needs wing mirrors but nice all the same. Most people turn up thier noses at Golfs with boots (Jetta, Vento, Bora) but i think they are sweet. Is it a MKI golf chinspoiler on the front? Keep up the good work.

You are correct. It's wearing a MKI GTI duckbill spoiler. I've been trying to track down a, bonrath "superdeep" duckbill spoiler for it but they're damn near impossible to find. Although I have been eyeing a carbon fiber unit for it! :lol:

This car has it all!!!

except mirrors......and a "hood".

It's more than worthy of a feature, and a front cover shot for sure. keep at it.

It reminds me of "big" Ron Huyzers mk2 VR, my favourite mk2 ever.

Phat, check out the pic's up top. I attached a couple of pic's of the car with the hood fitted. I'm kinda conflicted with the whole mirror idea at the moment. I was thinking of mounting a drivers side mirror from a porsche 356 but I'm kinda hesitant of drilling holes in a freshly shaved door. Thanks alot for the compliments. That comparison you made is outta this world! :lol:

Definatley the best Jetta I have ever seen. Love it :) 8) 8) 8)

Thanks alot, Jay. Was just reading your, PVW feature earlier in the day... :shock:

Here are a few more pic's of the exterior & undercarriage. I'll get some interior & engine bay shots posted by tomorrow. When these pic's were snapped the car hadn't been wetsanded or buffed yet. This is exactly how the car came outta the paint booth only three days earlier. The undercarriage recieved a new coat of undercoating/ por15 and then was sprayed body color to match the rest of the car.

if you need some chrome trim for the rear side glass let me know.

I have friends in holland, loads of 3 door jetta's over there.

I love the car mate, it looks seriously cool.

I think that is the most glossy paint finish I have ever seen!!!

Just one thing, isn't there something missing..... Where the hell is the bonnet? :lol:

if you need some chrome trim for the rear side glass let me know.

I have friends in holland, loads of 3 door jetta's over there.

Yes sir, I definetly need the chrome trim and grooved gaskets for the rear side glass. If you can get the grooved gaskets for the front & rear windscreens i'll take those as well. I tried to fit the grooved gaskets from an '85 golf but the gaskets were a tad to big and thus buckled around the glass. Let me know what you can do! 8)

Here's a pic of the gaskets from the '85 golf that I had fitted but I removed them because the fitment wasn't quite right...:roll:

I love the car mate, it looks seriously cool.

I think that is the most glossy paint finish I have ever seen!!!

Just one thing, isn't there something missing..... Where the hell is the bonnet? :lol:

Thanks, for the kind words mate.

Check out the first post I made in this thread. There should be a couple of pic's attached of the car with the bonnet mounted.

That's stunning.

The only bit I don't like is the interior - but to be fair I don't really like Cream/Beige interiors anyway - that's just my own taste.

Aoart from that, I think the car is absolutely stunning.

How much has it cost you so far?