Sign in to follow this  
TMT McCoy

TMT McCoy's 'Coupe...More of the usual page 10 :smile:

Camping at E38 is a good laugh mate, you should try and make it over the pond for sure!!

I really wanna make it over there this year. The car is absolutely eating up every expendable cent I have right now though. Hopefully I'll be able to put something together by the time september rolls around!

Camping at E38 is a good laugh mate, you should try and make it over the pond for sure!!

I really wanna make it over there this year. The car is absolutely eating up every expendable cent I have right now though. Hopefully I'll be able to put something together by the time september rolls around!

know that feeling.

My bodyshop has finally been able to make some progress on the shell. I decided that I wanted to shave the hole on the rear passenger side frame rail cover where the stock fuel lines would normally pass thru into the engine bay as well as the threaded stud used for the plastic fuel line clip on the passenger side strut tower. Now the bay is totally devoid of anything except the steering column boot. All of the hard brake lines are hidden as well. 8)

These first few pic's show the bay & shell wetsanded down & being prepped to recieve it's new three layers of clearcoat.

My bodyshop has finally been able to make some progress on the shell. I decided that I wanted to shave the hole on the rear passenger side frame rail cover where the stock fuel lines would normally pass thru into the engine bay as well as the threaded stud used for the plastic fuel line clip on the passenger side strut tower. Now the bay is totally devoid of anything except the steering column boot. All of the hard brake lines are hidden as well. 8)

These first few pic's show the bay & shell wetsanded down & being prepped to recieve it's new three layers of clearcoat.

wow, you already had a smooth bay too and wasn't happy with it? Your definately worse than me. :lol: Remarkable car, lost for words....

OH MY GOD!!!! That is proper hotrod style work. As I said before, this will be purely and simply the best dub in the world. Period.

Jay

wow, you already had a smooth bay too and wasn't happy with it? Your definately worse than me. :lol: Remarkable car, lost for words....

I was happy with it but some things in the bay kept nagging at me like the hole for the fuel line & that stud. I also could see part of the seam in the raintray area where the new firewall was welded together. I'm estatic with it now though! :)

I can't thank all of you guys enough for the compliments & well wishes. Feels good knowing something I've created can be appreciated by my peers! :oops: :)

I really don't have to many updates at the moment. On sunday I installed a power trunk lock kit to gain access to the trunk since the lock is shaved. Yesterday I placed an order with a local porsche salvage yard for a full 996 interior/ dash wire harness so that I can get the cluster on the dash fully functional. I'm also waiting for the exhaust midpipe & rear subframe ( Lee, you're gonna love it... ) to come back from the chromer. Should have more pic's & updates sometime early next week. :wink:

I'm also waiting for the exhaust midpipe & rear subframe ( Lee, you're gonna love it... ) to come back from the chromer. Should have more pic's & updates sometime early next week. :wink:

don't doubt it for a minute.

Got the exhaust back from the chromer today. Really nothing spectacular, just the mid pipe which bolts up to the header & the side exit zorst. Went ahead & chrome plated the exhaust hanger as well. Should be getting the rear subframe back from him sometime next week. I found a spare RS on eBay which I disassembled & had sandblasted so that the bodyshop could prep it for colormatching. Plan on flushing it into the false floor in the trunk area. The porshe 996 dash harness came in today as well. Gotta find a wiring schematic & get started. :?

Is the powerplant straight 12v VR6 or 24v V6 ? Never seen a standard VR6 / V6 engine spit flames outta the exhaust like in the vid, pops and bang maybe but not flames ? On another note, this is easily the best ever Jetta I have ever seen, the attention to detail and quality of construction and finish are on another level, awesome work dude. I look forward to seeing it finished, or will it ever be ?? ;-)