Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

First C Problem

Well, I've owned the C for 4 days now, heres my first problem.

Just had a Cat1 Alarm/Immob fitted (Meta M999T) and it works great. The only problem I have now is that the boot doesn't unlock properly when I unlock the car.

The doors are fine but the boot just make a noise and I can't open it. I have to use the key and turn it open, which is pretty stiff now and open it like that.

Is it similar to the door handle probs I've heard about?

Can they rebuild the boot lock easily? Any ideas on price?

Tried locking and unlocking it a few times but no joy. Can get it open with key, but it is stiff. And If I do open it the c locking does then lock it properly.

Like gradeAfailure says, the lock needs to be left in the right position for the C/L to work, failing that, maybe the vacume pipe has come off?

Right, the aperture for the key needs to be horizontal in order for the boot to be unlocked/locked on the cl. If you've got it set like that, then I think there's an activating rod inside the tailgate that can come loose or something - might be worth having a look, and if nothing appears loose, then giving the lock a good douse in wd40...?

I had this after my Toad got installed... I think I set the alarm, then unlocked the boot, locked it again and left the boot lock turned all the way anti-clockwise. Then tried unlocking....

It does work just annoying to sort. Had the same problem on a Golf mk IV as well....