Sign in to follow this  
double-6s

5 to 4 stud???

apparently for 4 to 5 stud conversion ya need, front hubs outer cvs and anti roll bar. thats for the g60, i think ya need a couple of other things if ya doing a valver.

Just be aware that a G60 use to rip it's 4 stud bolt arrangement with sporty driving. Putting a VR6 on 4 stud needs a bit of strengthening. Standard parts may not last. :o

different cv joints. the vr6's were wide track and the 4 cylinder engined cars were narrow track.

you need to get the threaded hub part of a 4 stud pressed into the vr hubs prob with new vr barings and all will work up front.

at the rears all you need do is change to a 4 stud disk

I've never heard of a G60 ripping off the wheels!!!!

It happened on in the early 1990's. There was a bulletin and a few instances of snapped/sheared bolts. I guess a change of tyre width put more strain on the rest of the mechanicals. Hence my comment as the design of G60/16v is not as beefed up as a VR6 for the power and torque. So going VR6 ---> to G60/16v is loading the mechanicals. All will work I'm sure, but the "life" of it may fatigue something early and at 70mph etc.....

the items you need are front hubs, calipers(if not the same size discs),antiroll bar and outer fixings, bottom arms,outer cv joint, tie rods and rear disc that is everything as i have just done the conversion on my 16v corrado any probs give me a shout

A mate of mine has gone 4 to 5 stud on his g60, i'm trying to do 5 to 4 on mine. I tell you one thing it aint easy!. On the g60 its case of chaging the rear discs with bearings. Front u need to get 5 stud hubs pressed into the standard hubs but you cant use either vr6 or g60 brakes. the vr carrier does not fit the g60 hub, you have to use 288's. The problem i got is i want to go narrow track for the sake of being able to use wider rims yes you gotta change the wishbones arb etc but more important even the tie rods need changing which is kinda gettin to me robbymac, do you know roughly how much the two tie rod sizes differ??, i wanted to know if i could just chop may be 10mm off the vr tie rod situ on the car and if it'd work