Sign in to follow this  
Rob_B

air/fuel gauge

need an air/fuel gauge but not sure which one to buy, any recommendations?

which wire on the lambda probe does it tap into?

cheers Rob

I have the autometer cobalt gauge in a 52mm gauge however if your cars interioir is prodominatly standard then probably the best optionis the ones from http://www.duostyling.com as these fit in the parts ofyour dash where the blanking plates are!

IIRC it;s the purple wire on the Lambda Sensor

its the lavinder/purple wire coming form the engine side of the o2 harness. check all others while you are there. quick wank test will snap the week

ive already changed the lambda probe for an aftermarket one so its been rewired, shouldnt be a problem fixing it in

just went onto their order now page and paid with paypal.

cant be too hard to send to the UK!!

I'm gonna try and run mine off a seperate lambda it should be ok then. I know its hassle to weld in another boss but then so is sending it back to Canada

cannot see why you would get an issue unless you upset the earth or weakened the signal wire or broke a heater wire on the ever so frigile plug harness.

the af gauge i used was from summit racing via gavin but bilal seels them here too i believe.

if nothing else the installation helps you learn about the ecu's o2 circuit. you may find you need a few new bits or some rewiring when you tap in the wire.

no point using a secondary lambda as it doesn't tell you what the ecu is being told which is the whole point. the installation of this wont stop you blowing up or help you decipher top end fueling only stoich. itll tell you if the circuit is working, if the probe is if the idle/wot switches are too.

Hmm, strange that an A/F guage would cause such problems. Could be in installation problem as Gazza pointed out.

Guys, remember that an A/F guage reading off the standard lambda is only an indication of how the car is fuelling. The only thing its good for is to let you know if something goes horribly wrong and the car under fuels. Standard lambdas (narrow band) are not accurate at all in the enrichment side of things.

no direct fit wire-up sensor as the G60 doesn't use wideband signals in the ECU. also wideband voltages are different so a recalibrate would be necessary, if possible. you can buy a standalone wideband. i use a LC-1 and have used a LM-1 for tuning "customer" cars with a friend. both good kit.

in order for an ECU to understand wideband you would have to get an aftermarket ecu for the G60 with wideband support such as Megasquirt but in all honesy digi 1 is good for 300+ which is more than the G60 will put out in its wildest dreams.

If you want accurate air fuel information then you need to get a wideband system. But this cannot replace the standard lambda, it must be an addition purely for your benefit, not linked to the ecu.

Don't mean to put a downer on this guys but have a read here

http://www.dubforce.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=4186

Could be caused by a few things. I suspect they might have used too low an input impeadance on the signal input and never take + or - feeds from the lambda loom. Earth at the battery, + from ignition.

Try that and see if it helps.... If it is wired that way then their circuit design is pap or the input impedance all wrong.

for accurate representation you need to earth from the same point as the probe but like you say the battery does the job. in the end i used a 2 wire earth. 1 2 the battery and the other to the probe ground point. my wiring was toasted so it needed a help.