Sign in to follow this  
fla

Colouring interior door handles

On the new style interior I cant find any good replacement handles and surrounds. The black looks really dull and i'm thinking of painting or otherwise colouring them to a matt silver look - something along the lines of the TT handles. The concern is whether there is any finish that will resist the constant use of the handle without chipping easily.

I've got a cream leather interior, btw.

Suggestions welcomed. Cheers

Strange - i got a pair and they didnt fit - the hinge area was somewhat different so I gave them to a mate :( I dont really want something too shiny tho, but if they're teh only option maybe I'll have to get a set again. stanbates, have you fitted a set in your motor?

Not sure. Think theyre the same as Mk2 golf???

Correct. I have mk2 handles in mine :D

saying that i visited a breakers recently and saw very similar looking handles in an Audi 80, the plastic surround looked different though, could these be the same handles but with a different carrier?

A little aside - mods was there some issue with the server as I see that my post was doubled submitted, unless it may have happened by hitting the return button twice? And -Neil-, dont worry, i'm quite familar with the posting rules thanks.

They sure do ;)

really? Anyone got a pic of them fitted to a late C?

Sorry if I was wrong, but after seeing the ones on ebay, and reading it somewhere else before I thought they were the same?? :oops:

heres an idea. Halfords (well at least ripspeed) now do chroming of plastic and stuff. they are charging arount the £25 mark for a wing mirror so these should be cheap to do. they also do carbon effect and something else.....