Sign in to follow this  
madhatta

PEEPS WIV SUBS

On my 16v.

If you remove the little tray and trim under the glovebox.

Then lift the carpet.

Then look at the engine bay side of the bulkhead, you'll see a rubber grommit covering a hole into the passenger footwell.

I attached my power cable to a piece of wire coathanger and pushed it through the grommit, then pulled it through the other side.

Then you can run the cable along the bottom of the passenger door and into the boot.

Be careful when removing the bottom door trim, the clips break quite easily.

The rear door card has a hidden screw under a piece of trim near where the seatbelt comes out, as far as I can remember :?

Good Luck

If your fitting rca cables at the same time try not to run them along with the power cables along the left hand side as this usually causes some interference instead run them down the center tunnel and into the amp this should overcome any interference

I have run all my cables (2 amps, 4 front speakers & RCA leads) along the centre tunnel. I have the power cables running down the passenger side of the tunnel and the speaker & RCA cables down the driver's side of the tunnel.

Like BANANA MAN said, if you run all the cables together you will get signal interefrence.

i did mine the other day, first time i'd put an amp in and it was dead easy, just take your time. Hardest part i found was getting the remote power and rca cables from the back of the headunit down to the footwells either side to run them along the underside of the door trims. Plenty of fiddling and skinned knuckles!! :mad: couldnt get the glovebox out for some reason! i used the grommet in the passenger footwell too, make sure you seal it up afterwards to prevent leaks....