Sign in to follow this  
The Hub

1/18th Scale Corrado Model

I work in the Hobby/Model trade and recently got a catalogue through from Revell... they are a German company who make Diecast models of most cars and to my suprise, included in the latest catalogue is two 1/18th Scale Corrado models (1 Black and 1 Blue).

I am sure some of you may have bought the smaller Schalbke (think thats how it's spelt) model which to me where very poor in detail.

I've had a look at these models and the detailing on them looks to be excellent plus they are of larger scale (approx 20cm long) and the best bit is they are retailing for 20 of your Great British Pounds.

They should be available from local model shops soon, but if there is an interest let me know and I will see what stocks i can get the hold of.

Yes I am interested. Please keep me posted on it. Cheers.

Does it come in kit form? Would prefer it as a Kit.

They are Diecast models, which are already built and mounted on a base and presented in a display box with clear window.

Similar to this

Yes, interested.

Is the bodywork an early bonnet or later version?

Can the catalogue page be scanned and shown here?

The catalogue details are:

VW Corrado G60 - NEW RELEASE

New Release - Due September 2006 - not yet available. 1993 Black

Revell - Scale 1:18

VW Corrado G60 - NEW RELEASE

New Release - Due September 2006 - not yet available. 1993 Blue

Revell - Scale 1:18

Where did you get the release dates??

I was led to believe by the Rep that they would be available before September !

Excellent, i'm interested too. Ages ago I emailed Revell about their plastic Corrado kits they used to do. Maybe others have too and they've taken notice.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but.....

They are listed as G60s. What will distinguish them as such? Would the detailing be such to show a G60 badge.

feel free to shoot me down in flames

They are listed as G60s. What will distinguish them as such? Would the detailing be such to show a G60 badge.

Wheels at a guess... the G60 should have BBS where as a valver would have Sebrings? (Although the easrly press car G60's had Sebrings hmmmm :? )

Don't mind having the G60-model for obvious reasons :lol: as long as it's really got a G60-engine, not like the Schabak-Model where my model's got a 16V engine despite it saying G60 !

Tempest

my 1:43 shabak g60 has a tiny g60 badge on the grill so the larger 1:18 scale model should certainly have a readable badge. it is quite strange that there isnt a vr6 listed though?

they might release others though depending on the popularity of them.

my shabak model also seems to have had an engine transplant as it appears to have a 16v engine too :lol:

Just found some more "news" on this:

https://ssl.kundenserver.de/s86706381.einsundeinsshop.de/sess/utn;jsessionid=1543dbcc3db6cd5/shopdata/?main_url=go.shopscript%3Fa%3DRE08878

No official pictures of the models available yet, those pictures on the website above are taken from real Rados for the time being.

The two models by Revell are actually based on 2 real cars, the owners of which drove up to Revell HQ in Germany for Revell to take all sorts of pictures etc. Read this on the German Radoforum, that I normally am on :-)

Tempest

I am also interested. Bought a 1:43 scale from lutterworth. £20!!! was after one of those plastic model 1:24th scale but they go for a bomb and are rare. However my girlfriend gave me a nice suprise at xmas and got me one. HEHE she wont say how much it cost her from ebay.

I AM KEEN TO GET HOLD OF THE 1:18th. I know how detailed they can be as i used to collect the 1:18th models when i was about 9 or 10yrs old.

Where can you get the other models from? I see them crop up on ebay from time to time but I swear I saw a link on here aaaaages ago for some other brand...I'm after a red G60 for my desk at work.

I'd be after a blue one! Take it they'll be with the recessed bonnet, old-style grill, G60 badged and left hand drive? 1:18scale is good though!

Sweet...

so (when they come out) these could potentially be in a group buy then?!

Now all I need to do is find Corrado RC car bodyshell ;)