Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

my midnight blue vr6,vortech charged, stealth results p3

well i have done it, i bought a supercharger today :D really cant stop smiling, just gotta get it fitted, which i have some expert help helping me, Ben (corradovr6sc) is hopefully helping in the installing :D as he should no the supercharger, as its the one he sold recently to Will (double 6's) i'm soooooo happy :D it's like xmas has come early

well had a long day yesterday installing my new vortech charger, :D many thanks to Ben (corradovr6sc) for all the help/advice yesterday, it was really appreciated. i just love the sound this makes, and the way its like standard upto 3000rpm, then you floor it and it just takes off, this is better than any xmas prezzie EVER, :D got some little bits to do still, but its great

He WILL have something up his sleeve, probably an arm! :lol:

Chris

:)

where does hitler keep his armies?

up his sleevies :)

Well i was getting tired of people saying my car sounding funny??, so while at ED38, bought a supercharged badge, cut it up, and made it into the following, its also fun when people say "they never made a supercharged vr6 mate" then you floor it, whistling away as you leave them for dead :evil:

Nice one Karl! Looks great, loving the RC's and you are a lucky git to have it charged! I would love to charge mine one day, but im still getting used to the power it has standard at the mo which is enough for the moment :lol: If you are ever in northamptonshire mate you will have to take me for a blast!

Rob.

well decided it was time for the final re-map. so been to stealth and let vince work he's magic. wish i had done this earlier :oops: as the car is so much more refined/shed loads faster. i started of with (only) 255bhp, but after a few runs we came up with the following figures

286.4bhp @6088rpm,

250.6lb @5093rpm,

i have no stalling issues at all, and the flat spots are 100% gone. so a big :thumbleft: to Vince.

Well done mate. Thats a very healthy bunch of ponies you've got under your bonnet now! :)

Still want that door? Its yours if you do.

(will cost you a drive of the charged beast though!) :)

cheers Will, i most def will have the door mate, i have sent you a PM. speak soon, and of course you can have a drive .

karl

I think it's not too bad on fuel? I seem to remember a few people saying it's made not a lot of difference.

Insurance? Just learn how to take it off (quickly) and don't tell them.

i dont personally think the fuel is any worse/better with the charger on, the only time it's worse is when your really flooring it, thats when the red tops push the fuel through, but cruising on the motorway it's miles better, cant remember exactly on the car before the charger, but at 80mph it's only on 2800rpm, as for insurance i'm an old git :lol: so i only pay £380 FC, protected no claims etc etc. with all mods declared.

karl

yes very true Will. but it does for some reason to be at a lower rev at cruising speeds ie 70/80 mph. what does a normal vr6 rev at 80mph?? i always thought mine was about 3100 rpm at 80mph before the charger. :?

ok i'm confused now, (that don't take much) when i see ya on the 9th Will, we will have to check this out. as for 120mph. there arent many motorways in the b'ham area you can do that type of speed, way to many camera's. :x

karl

Karl you git! I want your torque. Sweet figures and I have to say after a couple of months of driving i cant fault my mafless map one jot, smooth isnt it!

Be nice to catch up at the RR day, apps for not being in touch recently, flocking work and babies = zilch free time at the mo :-(

:-P ay gay lord we live in virtualy the same road and you ent come round to show uncle si your new figures yet.!very nice, you should take it round jodys and see how acurate those figures are cuz he rekons stealth always reads abit over,cuz there rollin road aint that good anyway you still ent guna catch my tdi when its done/started!!!!!lol

come round for a cuppa when you get 5.

si