Sign in to follow this  
StormchargedVR6

Whats your polish

I use Autoglym "for dark colours" and am very impressed with it, it seems to last ages and smells good enough to eat! Haven't tried meguairs or swissol yet though.

Autoglym is sh1tt

Pinnacle is "meant" to be the dogs, but never used it so dont know

anyone got any sample bits of swissol i could try could even do a swap for some stage 2 diamondbrite...

would be nice to pass round some half empty bottles so we could all have a try after we've had enough of a certain wax/polish... has I for one hardly ever finish a bottle, always get thrown into the back of the garage and replaced by something new and improved

I only use autoglym to polish my wheels. Helps keep the brake dust from sticking. Borrowed some of Siroccotune's Zymol cleaner wax and was quite impressed. but nothing to the shine that Kip put on Delvr6's bonnet with that swissol stuff. You gets what you pay for.

There are usually 2 parts to the high-end waxes - a cleaning polish that chemically cleans the paintwork and then a wax to make it glossy.

The good waxes have a high carnuba content and are generally a solid in a tub that you apply with a sponge.

ok, I guess I must be missing out on how my car can look then. First of all, I haven't polished it since I got it this August (The seller did it the day before I got it or so, I believe), and the cars I've ever polished have been done with turtle wax extreme or whatever from my local gas station. I read a test of a few different types in max pooftah a couple of years back, and the zymöl stuff sounds like it sure is expensive. Is it really worth that amount of money?

How much does a box from meguilars cost? They don't have it in norway, so if anyone could throw a couple of cans my way, I'd be glad :)

I use Zymol, start with the Lehm clay it's the best thing ever for smoothing the paint prior to polishing. It's expensive but in my opinion worth every penny.

So zymol or swissol? and i take it these clay bars are worth having? I had heard that blue tac works just a well as clay bars, can't remember where i heard that though so i'm guessing it could just be verbal diahorrea!

trev-b, no your right mate i remember the thread and a few people said they had used blu tac , a clay bar and detailer does work well , mainly on olderpaint the clay bar is needed but the detailer gives a deep shine to newer paint aswell

Ive used the blutac. Keep it wet with old Detailer (never use claybar twice) or a fairy liquid sollution. gets things glassy smoove again.

would love to get the Zymol products. Have had it demonstrated on one half of my bonnet and it really did look alot better. Its just alot more expensive too!

Until I can afford it, im using Meguiars clay bar and NXT polish. Am very pleased with the results and prefer it to Autoglym personally.

btw, anyone not sure about how good zymol is, just take a look at KIP VW (Paul Kippax's Corrado) which is usually @ stanford hall show! If that doesnt make you want Zymol, nothing will!

Luke i think you should try that for the price maybe a bargain... although without the right prep it may not be very effective

anyone used this

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/ProductD ... uctID=9047

I've never bothered with a detailer before. I've only really used cleaner wax and thats all after a wash.

If I get a good Carnauba wax, would i need a detailer and polish?

You will need some prep first as Furki says.

Ideally clay bar then polish then wax then the showroom shine. Then a sky rat will fly past and drop a little present on your pride and joy :D

FurkiG60, yeh it isn't bad, bad i want for sum £38 stuff.. best be good :)

ZippyVR6, Whats a clay bar? :lol:

My car has anti sky rat guns.. dropping like pidgeons

i wash it with zymol then polish it with some carnuba wax that i have. really nice shine when done, i ve got a clay bar and detailer i just havent had time to use it yet. i also heard that ya can only use the clay once. well ya could or after you have used it on the bodywork you can keep it and use it on ya wheels, not sure about polished ones though. i also heard you can use it on the windows?

So what is the best method to get a good finish?

I have just been given some Zymol wax and prep wash. On the tub it says warms a some wax in your palms and apply in a back and forth motion. What's that all about???? :scratch:

mad i know, but go on that detailing website sounds like a few of them use it like that, them guys are mad, one bloke spent 4 hours polishing his bonnet.