Sign in to follow this  
TheWizardofOdds

Rover 200

My girlfriends' Rover 200 has started playing up recently.It's actually been a good little car to drive and has been reliable(I know,it gets caned on here)mostly.

As the thread title says,the car revs at about 1.5-3k revs when stationary or depressing the clutch.Any help on this would be appreciated.

Any ideas on what's wrong and how to fix it team?(other than getting a new car of course)

Thanks.

My girlfriends' Rover 200 has started playing up recently.It's actually been a good little car to drive and has been reliable(I know,it gets caned on here)mostly.

As the thread title says,the car revs at about 1.5-3k revs when stationary or depressing the clutch.Any help on this would be appreciated.

Any ideas on what's wrong and how to fix it team?(other than getting a new car of course)

Thanks.

Perhaps the Engine bay section of the Corrado Forum isn't the best place to get constructive advice for a Rover :wink:

Thanks for the replies.

I'm fully aware that this is a Corrado forum and not a Rover one.There are many people on this site whose knowledge of cars is excellent,and as I was on the forum anyway-why not ask?

I knew I would get unconstructive replies as I knew someone would take up my question more seriously(It's all good).

You could do a lot worse than a 200 for a second car though.I take it as my

personal responsability to thrash the living daylights out of it (they can shift)

perhaps to remind people that not all Rover drivers are dithering 75 year olds-whatever Jeremy Clarkson says.

Thanks again,and remember:The car in front is a Rover.

Possibly.

mate, ive owned 2 rover 200s, a metro a+plus series and 2 k-series Metros. and only 1 of them has been decent. comfortable, but engines, boxes and electrics are shite

...The car in front is a Rover.

Possibly.

The car in the front of the queue is probably a Rover with a blown head gasket :wink:

K-Series, marvellous engine... with a 2 pint cooling system :roll:

...The car in front is a Rover.

Possibly.

The car in the front of the queue is probably a Rover with a blown head gasket :wink:

K-Series, marvellous engine... with a 2 pint cooling system :roll:

its amazing how the 16v alloy head K-series was ever mass produced, there are so many design faults, and the engines are an arse to work on

the timing marks for crank and cams cant be seen at the same time without a very thin bendy neck and head :roll:

and yes the chocolate headgaskets are a problem, blown my 214Sei twice, the 416SLi once, and amazingly didnt pop the metty ones, although i did blow the gearbox on the 416tourer, and the a+series metty crumbled away beneath me, although it had lasted 20 years!!! which for a longbridge steel box aint bad!

Hi, It might be the whats it called cant think of the name! stepometer iirc

But try switching the ignition on (engine not running) press the accelerator 20 times you'll hear a buzzing sound.