Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Mk1 Scirocco in "Jarhead" (film)

yeah, burned out, in the Kuwati desert......as if!!

not a bad film as it happens, I just thought that bit was a tad unrealistic (trust me to notice!)

yep i saw it too!

I asked my friend about this, and although dramatised ( a fair bit) its pretty close to marine life. Mybest friend being a US marine and he said it wasnt far off, scary eh!

I thought it was a bit of a cheap attempt at ripping off Full Metal Jacket, and fell WAY short of the mark.

Still, watchable, but by no means a classic.

poor mk1 eric would be sad!

Yes indeed, although I haven't seen the film (yet). OPeeps on the German Roccoforum also thought it might have been a Mk1 Rocco.

Tempest

I quite fancy seeing it, i've heard nothing but good reports... realistic or not

anyone seen buffalo soldiers? thats way off the mark in terms of realism but still a damn good film.

I thought the film was awful. It's meant to be a bloody war film, yet there's no war. I know the story's meant to be about the irony of soldiers standing about doing nothing in wartime and the like, but when I watch a film, I want to see people being shot with big guns and buildings being blown up, I don't want to watch irony. Christ, there's more deaths in your average Police Academy film.

I had to stay up until 3am watching Black Hawk Down afterwards to get my fix, now that's a proper war film.

Well. I reckon the director and writer acheived his aim.

Frustrated soldiers coming back after the big event still hungry for more caus they did nothing out there. Highlighted by your need for more death and gore. Tis Ironic really. :)

watched one of those george romero zombie films on saturday night & they drive a lush silver mk1 rocco in the shopping mall, flattened a few zombies with it too!

I thought the film was awful. It's meant to be a bloody war film, yet there's no war. I know the story's meant to be about the irony of soldiers standing about doing nothing in wartime and the like, but when I watch a film, I want to see people being shot with big guns and buildings being blown up, I don't want to watch irony. Christ, there's more deaths in your average Police Academy film.

I had to stay up until 3am watching Black Hawk Down afterwards to get my fix, now that's a proper war film.

If you like war films watch 'The Brotherhood of War - Tae Guk Gi', a Korean film about the Korean War in the 1950's with English subtitles. It's probably one of the best war films I've ever seen. The battle scenes make the start of Saving Private Ryan look like The Sound of Music.

Ady

watched one of those george romero zombie films on saturday night & they drive a lush silver mk1 rocco in the shopping mall, flattened a few zombies with it too!

That would be Dawn of the Dead

Keep your eyes a little bit open watching Shaun of the Dead and you'll see a red Mk 2 Scirocco parked outside Simon Pegg's house, which I suspect is no coincidence :)

Utter sh*te film!! Full metal rips offs right from the go (even uses the same dialogue). Hoooya and that branding crap just gets me pissed off. If that is is close to real life septic marines then they are even thicker than i thought.

Ive heard from 1st hand accounts that from a soldiering standpoint the USMC in general are not any greater than our regular infantry.

Thats me done!