Sign in to follow this  
keystarG60

GPC are miserable arent they!?

In my experience they cant get their customers off the phone quick enough.

No service with a smile at that gaff. They dont even pretend to be friendly! Come on guys!! How about a bit customer service!

Is it me?!

Yes!!!! Yes!!!!

And god help ya if you havent got a part number for something they dont usually stock. Fair enough you dont stock it but dou you really have to hang up on me!!??

Hmm, Ive had a different experience. My car was busted leaking water by the road. Wondered over to them and the guy walked the 5 or so mins to take a look and see if he could cobble a part together to get me home. All good in my book.

Hmm, Ive had a different experience. My car was busted leaking water by the road. Wondered over to them and the guy walked the 5 or so mins to take a look and see if he could cobble a part together to get me home. All good in my book.

you must be the exception Zippster!

the chaps at the Reading branch have always been alright, but as I'm not working near there anymore, that's not much good to me!! What are the Dartford lot like???

EDIT: :oops: Pants I thought that was GSF, Doh! :lol: GPC, yeah a bit abrupt, but I always got the impression that they had the phones ringing off the hooks, i.e very busy. Anyhow, good prices, so personally not bothered! Think of the savings and just go with it 8)

I haven't dealt with 'em over the phone, but I have popped into their 'shop' (anyone who's been there will know it's more like a stairwell :wink: :lol: ) a few times, and they've been very helpful :)

Especially when I had an A4 sheet full of part numbers :lol: took 'em ages to get through it, but they didnt seem miffed

My contact with GPC has always been over the phone.

Each time and without exception, i found them (or perhaps its the same guy each time) rude and abrupt.

Perhaps working with inanimate plastic mouldings has rendered them completely joyless?

They weren’t exactly jolly over the phone but the guy did ring me back fairly quickly which is better than a lot of places

there is a good cop bad cop thing going on the fat guys cool the other guy is not! theyve always done cool buy me and often post stuff for free.

Glad to hear others have had good experiences.

I do appreciate that it's probably only one employee spoiling my shopping experience. Lets get im!!

LOL, I think I discussed this with you before Andrew, yes they are awful, even at shows they come across as very arrogant, I only use them becuse they are cheaper than VAG...

I always seem to get the work experience boy on the phone who doesn't know anything then asks *me* to call back later, lol!!

Mind you I have had similar problems with AmD and Awesome GTi after wanting to buy stuff from them and not trusting there cr&p websites, I decide to phone them, the first person you speak to doesn't seem to know anything about anything and can't help at all, he then says he'll get someone to call me back which never happens, I call again and the same thing happens - I never managed to get anything useful out of Awesome, called about 5 times and was promissed a call back from 'Jim' but it never happened so took my business elsewere - hopefully I'll never have to use them again!

I'll continue to use GPC for bits but they will have to be careful and improve there people skills and sort there awful website out (It's not difficult!) or they will loose business...

It's unfortunate that these companies think they can survive on original reputation alone (and mainly that's only because they were the first people to offer that particular service...) - I expect a bit better nowadays!

Mixed reactions for me really... sometimes it's like they don't want to sell you things. A while back though I had a good chat with them about a 50mm spoiler and they suggested that with the VAT and delivery I'd get it cheaper at my local $tealers.... not many places do themselves out of business like that just to be nice about things.

ALWAYS ask for Jim @ awesome.. if you get him hes prob the most helpful guy in the game... ive had lots of callbacks from jim and used awesome quite frequently without any issues or problems... even when my exhaust broke they were calling me

Thats who the person recommended me to speak to even tho it was a simple query on one of there products fitment but he never called me back, this was over the course of a week and in the end i just felt stupid ringing them...

:lol:

everytime Ive been to GPC they've been pleasant & helpful..

maybe they hate fones :lol:

ALWAYS ask for Jim @ awesome..

Agreed, Mr Cotton is sound.

I found GPC to be a bit gruff at inters but never had a problem with them over the phone and their packaging of my roof strips was top rate.

They were very busy at inters though and probably get fed up with time wasting chiefs asking stupid questions.....I know I would :lol:

if companies dont call me back... i call them,,, at the end of the day its you that wants something from them.... if their good at what they do they can be arrogant, its their priveledge....

Bally said

maybe they hate fones

They dont like e-mails either!

FurkiG60 said

if their good at what they do they can be arrogant, its their priveledge....

ffsFurki - you must be winding us up! Good manners dont cost anything and I believe good karma can help all of us.

LMAO glad someone picked out that point,,,, unfortunately some campanies do tend to become very arrogant when their doing well which is a big shame

can't believe they told catch_twotwo, to get his 50mm spoiler from VAG 'as it was cheaper', that's totally mad :cuckoo: mine was defo cheaper from them :shock: crazy!