Sign in to follow this  
jekvr6

saw a vr6 campaign in ipswich

good but not mint wheels could do with a refurb needed a good polish cant remember but i think it had over 100k more than mine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think about it though. If one came up for sale, I reckon there would be a lot of C enthusiasts wanting it and it would shirly go for more than 10k... Hell, if I sold my C and had 10k lying about and wanted another C i'd buy a Campaign if offered it! :D

I don't want to start another debate on what a car is worth/insured value but do you recall the guy who had his Storm insured for an agreed value of £12k?

Think about it though. If one came up for sale, I reckon there would be a lot of C enthusiasts wanting it and it would shirly go for more than 10k... Hell, if I sold my C and had 10k lying about and wanted another C i'd buy a Campaign if offered it! :D

I don't want to start another debate on what a car is worth/insured value but do you recall the guy who had his Storm insured for an agreed value of £12k?

Shirly? Why give it to another woman lol.

The more enthusiast you are, the more it's worth to you

The more enthusiast you are, the more it's worth to you

I sorta dissagree with that though Mr valve, the Campaign was an early vr6 as far as I know, and in my opinion (( no offence Campaign )) it's pretty hideous inside, it's also got the early dash hasn't it? Given the option of that or a late VR with a nice cream leather interior I know what i'd choose. That doesn't make me an less of an enthusiast I reckon.

It's the same argument for storms vs 'normal' VR6's , and in my opinion, if I was after a vr6 i'd be looking for one that had been looked after and that met my indevidual requirements, storm,campaign or not.

Horses for courses. :D

I am serious - and don't call me Shirley ;)

She KNOWS what it is, and wouldn't part with it last time I heard. The lady in question is nice enough, just not interested in "VW scene". She likes her car for what it is (fair play to her!)

As to not driving it, well my C comes out in the summer months only as I want it to STAY special for many years to come. Unless you're prepared to put in a LOT of cleaning, cars that are used every day do not generally stay special for very long (3 or 4 years say). Also, I like to keep the mileage down (only just over 70k on my Campaign).

Finally, as to value - well - you really can't put a price on a Campaign. I know how much me and Rob paid for ours, and they were both "realistic" sums for what we were buying...

Where did you manage to get hold of yours from Campaign? if you don't mind me asking?

I can't imagine it came up for sale in your local rag?

Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate that it is worth more than a vr6, and a storm aswell, the question is how much more! ..although, as long as you're not selling it it's purly speculation anyway! :lol:

Walesy, no offence taken - as you say "each to their own"... I personally hate cream leather :)

My main reasoning for buying the Campaign was a simple case of "it was there, and I could..." I didn't go looking for a Campaign as I was perfectly happy with my G60 at the time, but it came up and I thought it would be rude not to :) I was given first refusal from a CCGB member during my tenure as magazine editor.

Out of respect, I'm not going to divulge how much I paid.

Out of respect, I'm not going to divulge how much I paid.

That has nothing to do with anyone..it's your business only. Same with how much it's worth aswell really, untill the time comes that you want to sell it. :wink:

It's always the question on the tip of everyones tounge when the campaign is mentioned. :lol: we're all just nosey buggas!

just found some old sprinter mags in november 2002 mark ??????????

was selling his campaign 83k up for 7.8k was in again april 2003 for 6.2k and

agin in june reg = k635 pcg i think hard to see

So Campaign, is it out of the question to ask how much you think you'd get for it were it up for sale? ;)

And is it coming to the RR in April?

Rrrrr..... Yes ... er no.... erm.... now I'm confused.

I've no idea how much it would fetch tbh, probably depend on how quickly I would need to sell it if ever I did. A lot more if I was prepared to wait and didn't need the monies, probably a lot less if I needed the cash desperately. It IS insured for £10k though.

RR = Rolling Road.