Sign in to follow this  
Steve B

Goodridge hoses...and brake conversions...

Hi,

Am going to be fitting a 288 front set up and mk4 golf rear calipers to my VR6 soon(ish)

At the same time i shall be changing to braided hoses all round.

The way i see it, if i buy a corrado pack, the only hoses of use to me will be the body to rear beam hoses - as the fronts will need to be mk3 golf vr6 items (due to different fixing on calipers), and the rears will require conversion hoses...

A couple Qs:

1. Im assuming the body to beam hoses are the same for the corrado and Mk3 golf VR6 - can anyone confirm this please..

This would mean i will only need to buy a Mk3 VR6 kit and the conversion hoses...

2. Can someone please tell me how much, and where (other than C+R if applicable) the conversion hoses can be purchased...

3. Anyone with the same set up - does anyone know of anywhere that sells custom packs of goodridge hoses, i.e. to save me buying a golf set, and the conversion hoses...

Many Thanks

Your correct, C&R seem to be cheapest but you can buy the hoses seperatly directly from Goodridge...

Fronts are late Golf VR6 - SVW0604-2FP

Rear Conversion hoses - SVW0506-2P

The mid ones I don't have a part number for but I was quoted £25+vat...

You also have a choice of Zinc or Stainless with each of the above...

Before you fit the 288's make sure the banjo bolts fit as there are 2 different thread types (not sure if this is the difference between mk3 and mk4 or not - Dinkus may know...)

Banjo bolts as far as i know need to be 1.5mm pitch for the Mk3 Golf calipers, as opposed to the 1.0mm found on the Mk4 calipers, i shall be using Mk3 items and have the origional hoses anyways...

The goodridge hoses are my main concern - i.e. getting what i need at minimum outlay! without ordering several kits etc...

Thanks for the help so far,

Any other info will as always be appreciated..

Cheers!

Steve,

Have you tried Vince at Stealth. I have the 288mm fronts but am sticking with the original rears (no pun intended :) - though I remember reading that the later VR rear calipers were less prone to siezing?)

He is doing me a set for under £75- so thats normal rears and MK2> Mk4 fronts- dunno if thats a good price? I hadn't priced up the sets TBH

Ice,

No i havent, to be honest im looking for somewhere to get a custom set - sounds like he could help then...

Far as i can see a stock set is over 60 quid, so 75 is reasonable i guess... seems a lot for stainless hoses, cant help feeling goodridge are takin advantage of the niche....

Oh, and thanks for that!

How do you guys rate the 312's compared to standard especially interested in the SC boys findings like H8RRA, Kev, Chris and Tom?

I'm about to sell my 288's so I'll measure the length of the hoses and take some pics before they go so you can make you're own the same.

or if you're scared, I can make them for you.

288's have the same calipers and 312's, so they should fit both (although an extra 10mm wouldn't hurt)

best thing about the rally design stuff is that you can change the ends. I had mine on my 280's. just changed the ends to banjo fittings when I went to the 288's.

made all my own bias valve piping up too.

all these hoses can be made up with any fittings you want, you just need to know where to get the fittings. I can get stainless ones, chromed ones, anodised ally ones, you name it.

Any you guys vouch for much improvement with the 312's?

Paul good info mate, i was gonna make these at work using aircraft spec stuff but theyve just closed that shop down...pisser!

PS get down the posties mate and price that shaft up!

Any you guys vouch for much improvement with the 312's?

Chalk and cheese - they are a huge improvement over the standard 280s :)

Cheers Dinkus I think im gonna go down this route as I aint got the money for Brembos at the mo!

Just being talking to swift autotune and they said that the S3 cast brakes are sh1te compared to the alloy Brembo 4 pots.

I know there in it to win it quoted £895 for GT Brembos 328's.

don't buy goodridges, they are a rip off.

buy the bits from rally design http://www.raldes.co.uk and make your own.

Was thinking of making these too. Anyone know the part numbers required from the Rally Design site for 288s?

I've got some 288s but when i went to get the hoses they came up with about 5 different ones with the banjo connections. The ones i've got dont look right - the banjo end is fine the other end looks too big and i can't remember the VR connector size. Can anyone tell me which ones to get, or if you've upgraded to braided hoses can you send me one of the normal ones for size? OR, if you've got 2 and they're ok, i can buy them off you.

Cheers

i recently dd the 312 conversion and ordered the wrong banjo bolts for the TT callipers i think the ones i have are the ones you need for the mk3 callipers (someone please confirm this either 1 or 1.5mm pitch) if so i will try and find them in the garage and send them to you if you like as i was only gonna throw them away

mk3 yeti? Did you get my pm? Does anyone else have any info on the correct hoses or which ones i should get? I'm looking to do this over the weekend if poss.

Some info appreciated here chaps, if possible before the weekend. MK3yeti, do you still have those hoses then? Thanks

Any information on the hose sizes or which is the correct one to get? All you guys who've done the 288 conversion can you put some info up please?