Sign in to follow this  
corradoyouknow

buying a G60 or a VR6>????

Have had no REAL problems with Brentacre so far, apart from them not protecting my NCB when I first took out policy and then saying I never asked for this to be done....yeah, like I would risk losing 6 years NCB just for one claim ???

So I had to cancel policy and then take out another one which cost me another £100 (cancellation charge and increase in premium for protected NCB) (oh and weird, I am 28 yrs old this year as well).

That said I currently pay about £650 fully comp with protected ncb, 5 points on licence and 7500 mileage limit with ALL mods and BHP limit on engine of XXX BHP, with agreed value as well, however, my XS is £450 which is pretty steep.

John at Brentacre Insurance is helpful, friendly and drives a 16VG60 MK2....

I've now seen alot of high mile-ers (100K plus) and know im looking at a car thats over 10 years old but 4K is surely gonna see me in to the 70K mark.....isnt it.

Are these cars a very hard drive compaired to say a golf mk3 gti? and test driving what should i be looking and listening 4 (any nasteys i should know of)?

Corrados hold their value well (rarity value). £4k won't get you a minter or 70k miles unless you're really lucky..

The prices seem to be going back up again as summer approaches. Around Novemeber time there were C's for sale at really low prices, back then I reckon 4k would have got you a 70k car.

At the curent prices yeh but it depends what you mean by mint. Very few 10/15yr old cars are going to be mint unless they've had resprays etc.

Just looking over the Cars For Sale section it is amazing the way the prices have gone up again in the last month.

corradoyouknow, i'd keep checking the For Sale section, new cars come up all the time, also buying from a CF member is a good idea because you can often track a lot of the cars history.

corradoyouknow, i'd keep checking the For Sale section, new cars come up all the time, also buying from a CF member is a good idea because you can often track a lot of the cars history.

yep just by clicking - profile - find all posts :-)

VOTE TRIG IN CF.NET CALENDAR!! (PLEASE)

self exposure will get you arrested !

I think the g60s and vr6s attract different kinds of people. A lot of the g60 owners i have spoken to would never swap it for a vr and likely the other way around. have a chat to people, try and get a drive with owners of both cars and read read read. if you buy a g60 thats not mint and you want to work towards it, prepare to spend A LOT of money. Same applies to an earlier vr no doubt, but a lot of them are younger so you'd likely save money in the long run...maybe...

And it also depends on how capable you are as a diy mechanic. as said previously, vrs are more complicated and harder to work on...

Come to think of it, G60s are just at that age where a lot of broken ones are appearing (sadly), so parts are easy to get and usually cheapish.

HTHs