Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

Possible new business venture....

Just a quick feeler to see if there is a market for a small business venture between me and my friend.

My mate will be moving over to Germany in June/July, and we are thinking about sourcing various Corrado parts that are sought after in the UK, but are normally difficult to get hold of. i.e desirable alloys etc.

Do you think there is any mileage in it or not?

Hmmm, with the amount of decent cheap wheels on German fleaBay, I'd have thought there might be, but I dunno if it's be enough to live off... :) Give it a shot in your spare time though, see how it goes!

Hmmm, with the amount of decent cheap wheels on German fleaBay, I'd have thought there might be, but I dunno if it's be enough to live off... :) Give it a shot in your spare time though, see how it goes!

Doing it in spare time was the plan. And the second hand stuff on German eBay seems to be only shipped within Germany, so if my mate were to buy the stuff, send it to me then I sell it on. Plus he speaks pretty much fluent German. He's moving to Stuggart.

It might earn you a bit more if you expand from Corrados to all VAG ..or even all German cars? There's plenty of forums around full of part hungry car owners.

Also , I know us brits pay for german parts, but the Yanks, they pay silly money for euro bits that are hard to come by.

There's scope as far as I can see, especially with the mate in Germany thaty speaks German.

I'd have a go, without doubt.

probaly, but you would have to cast your net a bit wider and include other vw models, are you going to be selling via a website rather than a proper shop ?

have you researched values of parts here and over there and the postage to make it viable, there may be a tax if shipping new stuff ? there are probaly a whole load of other questions that you havent realised that need asking yet, i run a small ltd company myself and that can be problematic enough in old blighty let alone in another country, that said, if it all pans out ok then you may have a nice little niche of desirable C stuff winging it`s way here :) i dont want to sound like i`m p*ssing on your fireworks but you have got to do some serious research - all the best to you mate

I think it could be worth a try but definatly dont just think corrado theres loads more olf nuts out there.

Also you'd have to get a load of orders to make the shipping worth while.

Interesting! We were thinking of widening the net to all VAG, but didn't think about doing all german cars. AMG bits, M-series bits etc, but I think the second hand parts market is more viable, just linking into the uk forums and possibly Fleabay, although fleabay wouldn't be my preferred point of sale.

Yeah, fleabay is a schithole nowadays.

If you look at all the forums around..from aircooled to max power style ones there's thousands of members alltogether.

As long as you don't turn into the type of trader that everyone hates on forums you could be laughing.

*hint* if you start making money out of a forum, it's best to donate a bit...keeps everyone sweet! :lol:

depends how much your 2nd hand bits are going to cost! alot of people want recaros,bbs wheels, digifiz dashes etc...as long as you can be cheaper than uk prices

Yeah, fleabay is a schithole nowadays.

If you look at all the forums around..from aircooled to max power style ones there's thousands of members alltogether.

As long as you don't turn into the type of trader that everyone hates on forums you could be laughing.

*hint* if you start making money out of a forum, it's best to donate a bit...keeps everyone sweet! :lol:

Yeah not keen on fleabay uk now, I run an eBay shop for the company I work for part time, and its just rediculous, far too many people trying to make a quick buck. I already donate monthly to this forum, although not a great deal of money at the mo (student), but I think the forums are the way forward

Brabus, Schnitzer, AMG seem to be quite good options, and then the obvious BBS, recaros etc, as you say steveo29, for the Golf/Corrado community.

We wouldn't be there to try and rip people off, just to try and make some money and get people what they want for a better price, better than stupid eBay prices at least.

He's moving to Stuggart

Surely Stuttgart ;-)

but the Yanks, they pay silly money for euro bits that are hard to come by.

Don't forget that a large proportion of their high costs is shipping :-(

Tempest