Sign in to follow this  
CorradoKid05

HEELPPPP corrado stalling at the startup!!! and on the road

92 Corrado Vr6 5 speed.

HELLPPP

My corrado starts up no problem, but then has a flucktuating low idle then just stalls out... Only thing i can do it rev it up at like 2000 Rmp and hold it ther for a bit, then let it drop. But then when im out driving it will stall out sometimes when i hit the clutch and then i loose power steering!!! almost hit a car cuase i wasnt ready for it!!!

WHATS WRONG!! HELPP!!! Scared to drive!

Thanks for any comments....

Rich McKie

:(

mailto:[email protected]

Idle valve is dead/stuck. Try cleaning it with some carb cleaner first. It's under the plastic HT lead cowling.

Check also the throttle damper which is on the throttle body. This 'catches' the throttle on overrun (when you let off the clutch) and lowers the butterfly gently to rest. If this goes, the ISV will struggle to catch the rpm drop.

Kev

Anyone got a part no. and price for the ISV?

Mine's started acting up the past few weeks and cleaning it hasn't worked. :cry:

Thanks

i had exactly the same problem with my old 1.3 mk2 golf and a while ago with my 1.8 16v C. the golf would do it every winter!! eventually found the carb was slightly loose and was sucking air in around the sides so tightened it and that seemed to help. it only lasted a few days in the c and completly disappeared! i hope it won't come back.

phil