Sign in to follow this  
Astrasteve

Seals

Afternoon. Quick query for everyone - you know those weather seals that run along the roof of your Corrado,does anyone know where's the best place to get them besides VW coz they are coming in at £48 each. Mine's have seen better days and i grudge paying this much for seals. Mayb a similar part of another vw may fit. Any suggestions?

Try GPC, they're in the suppliers forum I think. They do them for about £38ish+VAT IIRC, so you're not saving a massive amount when you factor in the postage.

Yeah, but they can look pretty shoddy on some cars, it makes a suprising difference putting new ones on. Especially if you're having your car painted, you don't want to put old seals back on if you can help it.

thats why i am neglecting them! spend the money on something more functional tbh... when the next engine/suspension/etc/etc/etc part breaks, you'll be irratated that you spent money on these!

Yeah, i've never bought any, couldn't face it! I just trimmed the flakey side off completely and bumper gelled them and they looked ok.

Alot of people want their cars in show condition though so it's horses for courses.

Afternoon. Quick query for everyone - you know those weather seals that run along the roof of your Corrado,does anyone know where's the best place to get them besides VW coz they are coming in at £48 each. Mine's have seen better days and i grudge paying this much for seals. Mayb a similar part of another vw may fit. Any suggestions?

I know im forever pulling flipper dents out of my roof :D