Sign in to follow this  
philO

CCGB website?????

Does anyone know what has happened to the Corrado Club's Web site? everytime i try to go to it i get back "page not found" or something similar!

There is going to be a meeting about this soon we have been told....

... its been down for ages and i've no idea why they don't just put the old one back up somewhere for now! I have heard alot of people are trying to join but can't find the details easily.

That isn't the problem... it's all internal business made 100% worse by catty comments from club members who have no facts to base their comments on.

I was the webmaster for the new site. The old site disappeared by accident (not my doing), then I closed the new site after constant abuse.

It was a favour I was doing for the club, and I dedicated many many hours to the new site, but hey.

Should all be sorted this coming Sunday, at the EGM.

The previous webmaster warned me about the attitude of some of the members towards the position - I really should had taken his views to heart.

It would seem there's just a few wannabe-webmasters out there that wanna do the job, but don't put their name forward, and cause hell for the person who does.

I made a website for my previous car's club... no problems whatsoever. I still can't understand the stress I received from this! Ah well.

And it hasn't re-appeared for reasons out of my control.

People get used to a site where everything works (this one for instance).

The old VWCCGB site was hosted on multiple servers as a way of saving money with the result that it didn't always work. The old webmaster got a lot of abuse as a result.

Moral of the story:

People will always find something to criticise - but try not to give them any additional ammunition... :D

There's critisism (which I can take), and abuse - which I can take, but after a while, chose not to.

This site is better. As for CCGB, after all the hits they recieved they progressed too slow.

I registered here today and this site got it locked.

Will miss the Sprint magazine though! But there was no way I was putting that CCGB sticker on my car!

Dex

I believe Jamie has got the web-site developed fully now, and is doing some performance and beta testing this week. You will notice that there is a new header page for the site on http://www.corradoclub.co.uk and I think he wants to get it up and running by the end of the week.

Hello all. Yes the CCGB website should be up and running shorty.

At the moment we only have a static version as i'm still finalising the finer points on SQL programming!!!

Hope you'll bear with me.

(I've set myself a deadline of Sunday 26th the at least have the first few main pages live!) :lol:

If you have any comments, or items you want to see, please email mail.

Thanks Jamie.

sorry maybe this has already been addressed....

how much to join?

is the window decal the same as it was before?

will it decrease certain insurance quotes?

cheers

DM

The CCGB is well worth joining imho - the £15 a year is nothing, and the first discount you usually get on something will cover that cost.

I know of reduced insurance with a few insurers, and even the VW dealers hacked some money off parts for me. Got a VW backbox for about £20 less than their list price when I asked about parts club prices because of my CCGB membership! :)

Just a quick note that, if you join now the membership fee will only be £8, as we're over half way through the year (March-Feb). It should decrease some insurance quotes. Mine came down by about £120 when I told them that I was in the "club". Also it's worth it just for the dealer discounts that (most) dealers give on showing your membership card.

just a short note, cheers to ccgb and vag for giving me 6 new plugs for my vr for only £15! the membership fee is well worth it