Sign in to follow this  
woody

Audi A6 Door Handles Fitted

What's wrong with the orginal handles?! Have you got a Corrado?

They are some of the flimsiest, plastic pieces of crap I have ever had the misfortune to open a car door with. I always ease the handle open and wonder if it's gonna fail on me, I'm on my 3rd set. Peloquin diff is all very well, but it's useless if you can't get into the car :)

Top mod mate, looks sweet.

I think it's a great mod, the audi handles are what the C should have come with! They fit in perfectly with the lines and update the car no end. I wasn't expecting it to cost that much though!

I can see where double_6s is coming from, for that sort of money you could have done something else pretty cool to the car but if bodywork is your thing, there's no better mod IMO.

double_6s from my own opinion there is one very good reason why i did this mod and good enough to justify £600

i can break into a corrado in 15 sec's with the original shitty handles and coming to my car one night and seeing someone had tried but clifford must have put them off was good enough for me to put them on.

Ok i choose the A6 ones as they suited the car the best but i would love to see someone now try steal my pride and joy without smashing a window its just not going to happen

so is it worth it yes it is

Also Woody its good to hear John is doing well i might try droping him a call over the weekend :)

£600 for these door handles is still pretty good going,,, called up premier for a quote last year and was quoted £800...

easy guys!

just my opinion! it would be boring if we all liked the same things eh?

i can fully understand you doing this mod, fair play to you all, just not my cup of tea thats all.

aposegil, you a car thief mate? :) :)

double-6s - nah mate im not but vw did do shit witht he handle design

just look at mkI's and mkII thats why they sell those metal plates to add protection

and plus knowing it happened to me its easy to see why

aposegil, of course mate - was joking :)

i've never even thought about what an armour door plate was tbh. so it's literally a thick plate to deter tea leaves?

Someone on the forum was getting some replacement Audi-style handles recently (about £30 from ebay iirc)? Cant remember your name but could you post up some pics of your result if they're fitted?

I'm with double-6s, seems a crazy price to me.

maybe if you tot it up, and say this is worth this etc, but it's still 600 quid on 2 door handles.

break a window, please, it would be cheaper

nice modification mate. long as you are well pleased, who gives a $h!t what anyone else thinks! They look good. How do they work? Bet they feel better to open than stock handles.

A have a set of Audi 80 / 90 handles cut out of doors for sale if anyone is interested, £25 delivered.

Nice wee plug! :wink:

I like the A6 handles, but it is a lot of cash, and as jay said it dont really matter what handles you have on your car if they want in they'l get in but then its not a security factor you do the conversion for its the looks apartment.

How much did he smooth the mirrors for mate (if you dont mind me asking?) Sure there was a guy on the forum doing this on an exchange basis but im unsure now!

Cheers

nice modification mate. long as you are well pleased, who gives a $h!t what anyone else thinks!

well, its a forum, where you post your ideas/suggestions/mods for people to provide feedback on, so I would guess a large percentage of people would care what other people thought, otherwise why post here? Thats the idea of a forum.

why does everyone jump on the defensive? I posted my opinion, thats all it is, mine.

The mod looks good, just a little pricey for my liking

A lower cost but still fairly attractive alternative is with the handles that reaper1_3, bought, which look like the A4 handles but dont require a butchering job to be done on the door. But he hasnt posted any pics up, yet so reaper1_3, hurry up with those mate, lol.