Sign in to follow this  
cvw

insurance costs

just thinking about next years insurance. and was wondering how nuch of a reduction insurance companies give to customers . the corrado is my first car and i paid wait for it.................

2750.00 pounds.

i am 25 and have made no claims at all. how much do you guys and gals think will get taken off when its time to renew my policy.

You've just paid nearly £3k to insure it??? :shock: Or is that the cost of the car?

Might sound daft, but phone your insurance company!

no that was the insurance . car cost the same .

good advice. simple yet staight to the point

sat on my backside for too long only got my finger out two months before i turned 25 then waited till my birthday before purchasing the corrado as i thought it might make a difference to the insurance costs. obviously not as much as i expected.

sat on my backside for too long only got my finger out two months before i turned 25

:shock:

This thread is too shocking! :lol:

Have you tried getting more quotes? from places like Brentacre?

gonna start the search for quotes again . how boring and frustrating is it ,when you put all your info into the comp and then they cant do any thing for you or there is no saving at all . allot of companies just laughed when i initially wanted the insurance .gonna try brentacre now...............

back in a mo to let yall know

cheapest quote so far 1833.89 so i would be saving nearly a grand. but this is the best bit.............. accidental damage excess 700.00. i think they think i am made of money , obviously the insurance people dont own corrados.

gonna keep searchin.

I've got a 1.8 16v. I reccomend Adrian Flux or HIC. I pay £450 TPFT (I'm 24 with 6 years no claims) and live in a crappy ish area in North London

u think you lot r bad?...im a 1st time insurer with a 1.3 mk2 golf STANDARD AS A BLUE DUREX and the cheapest quote iv had is 3225, and im an apprentice on 80 a week

One thing I would suggest you younger guys try is to put an older female on your policy as a named driver (your mother for example), this will almost always bring your premium down and sometimes by a surprising amount.

In fact it works for us older guys too :lol:

brings back memories lol - i pased when i was 24 - out looking for a mr2 and saw my baby sitting on thye side of the road - so i bought her lol - *grin* cost me 2200 quid for my first year and 1200 the second :o

i used confused too. quote a car came out best.

corrado cost me 1370 f.c, that was whilst i was still on L plates back in march!

passed in august, sold the corrado, bought a 3 litre merc (see signature)

merc 600 fully comp, only had my license 6 months ha ha ha

loving it!!!

Try http://www.quinn-direct.com/

I've been getting quotes for my second car (so I cant use my NCB), and they quoted me just over £400 FC for either my C or my rocco! (Thats without telling them about the mods on the C though)