Sign in to follow this  
steve @

BMC cda and decat fitted!

Have just got round to fitting my decat and bmc cda (brought for the bargain price of £38 and £74 8) ). What a difference! I was running an open filter before which was probably loosing power over stock anyway, but since fitting these two I ve now got more low end grunt and the kick at 4k is a fair bit stronger very pleased would highly recomend these mods. :-P Next suspension..

£74 for a BMC... nice price where did you pick it up... is it second hand?

I've seen BMC kits advertised on Venom for £145. Stealth do them £160 fitted.

I brought it off e-bay. The guy hadnt listed it very well so I asked the right questions ... got the right answers and its now mine :rainbowafro:

Do you think the decat makes the most difference or the BMC ?

If it is that good then I suspect the decat as the filter is more of a noise thing with a bit more responce.

I stuck a cone filter on and it improved throttle response but was v loud (when giving it some!), so I'm making my own BMC with a few bits of carbon tube (hoe difficult can it be??!!). I'm also considering a decat but only if it warrents the hassle of changing each year.

What you fink :?:

Yep decat was another ebay item!

Nice one, seems to be getting more and more difficult to get bargains from ebay now. Getting too well known.

Got to agree good for selling though LOL

I'm also considering a decat but only if it warrents the hassle of changing each year.

The Supersprint one I had made a tidy difference but I then replaced it with a free-flow cat for MOT reasons as I can't be bothered with taking a decat off every year!

Do you think the decat makes the most difference or the BMC ?

If it is that good then I suspect the decat as the filter is more of a noise thing with a bit more responce.

I stuck a cone filter on and it improved throttle response but was v loud (when giving it some!), so I'm making my own BMC with a few bits of carbon tube (hoe difficult can it be??!!). I'm also considering a decat but only if it warrents the hassle of changing each year.

What you fink :?:

TBH I had the decat fitted a few days before the bmc. I found I lost a little low end torque but it pulled better mid-top end.

However I replaced the open cone filter with the bmc and this seems to have regained the lost low end as well as a general improvement though out the rev range.

steve @ is the bmc easy enough to fit yourself?

Easy as pie. I just used a cut down windscreen washer fluid bottle to join the maf to the filter.

I have a pipercross VIS (better cone than the BMC) and its awesome, I also added a decat with this and was very pleased

Yeah i did think of making one my self but after running an open filter I tired of the OTT sound.

where di u get the freeflow cat from as i will be in the m.o.t predicament shortly??

I got it from Milltek dude.

To be honest I kind of wish I'd stuck with the bypass because the MOT guy said (after he'd passed it) "you're car needs a cat mate as it's a 94"! LOL! I must admit the Milltek doesn't give off half as much sulphur smells as the OE one so he probably thought it was a bypass.