Sign in to follow this  
welton

Alarm problems after battery went flat

Hello all,

Left interior light on (Doh!) and of course as soon as I got the car started the alarm was going off. However I could not turn it off using the fob.

I think it is a laserline alarm, rectangle fob with 2 buttons - left button activiates\ deactivates alarm, right button panic alarm. also a slide switch on the right of the fob.

I have put a brand new battery in fob but no joy.

Any advise gratefully recieved, also how can I activate central locking using the key?

Thanks a lot

Welton

I would assume that you have a manual override under the bonnet, if you have a small key with your alarm system check under the bonnet.

yes - i have used the small key to turn the alarm off but as soon as I turn it on again (using the small key on the alarm under the bonnet) it just goes off again and pressing the button will not tunr it off!!!! Any ideas? thanks a lot

ps - is there an emergency/manual release for the locked fuel filler cap?

Sometimes my alarm fob stops talking to the alarm. What I do is stand at the front of the car, hold the fob near the grille, and press the set/unset button and hold it down for anything upto 60 seconds. The alarm will then respond. HTH

Looks to me like a Scorpian/dealer fit transmitter in a flash case. I'd disconnect the car battery and leave it off for 5 minutes. Reconnect and try again.

The filler cap can probably be opened manually from inside the boot. Pull back the trim and see if you can get you hand to it. The central locking actuator just needs pulling or pushing to release the flap.

How are you gettig into the car? Using the key, if so then the petrol flap should be opened by the CL.

Gavin

Cheers gav - I actually found that manual release last night. Good job too was seriously running on vapours, took over £60 to fill her up!!!!!

Your instuctions were spot on tho.....

Yep - I'm using the key to get in but it doesnt activate central locking. Just does the drivers door. Wierd huh?

Try the locking from the other side. Could be that the door handle switch is knacked or the handle isn't connected following a replacement

Gavin

No can do - passenger door handle has been replaced and I dont have key :-(

Central locking doesn't work if I pull the door pins either

Central locking doesn't work if I pull the door pins either

nor mine but everything else works fine

You can sort that out for no money if you have a phillips screwdriver and a file.

really???

do tell

ben

I'm having this problem at the mo, my immobiliser will work absolutely fine, car starts etc etc BUT none of the locks open with the unlock button, i can't get access to my boot, or my filler and the only way i can get into the car is by turning the key to unlock the drivers side door, but the alarm works as normal,

where exactly is the release for the fuel cap? I had a look just now and took off a big chunk of foam to find it was only protecting an electrical piece of equipment,

help would be greatly apprieciated!

I had this too whenever battery ran flat [company car for 3 yrs], also when silly stealers pulled off the battery cable, without first key-isolating the alarm. :cuckoo:

It was a Scorpion with rectangular case and ultrasonic de-activate slide switch on the side.

The car passed to VAG-hag who may still have the Scorpion manual.

I recall at best the system was re-instated something like Timmaaah described, but unfortunately on 2 or 3 occasions it had to go back with ecu and both fobs to the UK importers in Lancs [Wigan I think] for re-programming.

About 3 yrs ago local stealer declined to deal with it and recomended fitting a Clifford - which VAG-hag duly did & had no further probs with it.

Sorry to be such a harbinger of dismal news.

On the bright side, recently invested in an Airflow battery conditioner which automatically senses battery voltage and switches charging on/off whenever needed, ie without risk of overcharge. KIPVW & VAG-hag also have them and we thoroughly recomend them. :cheers:

^^^^

further comments to add to above. This happened on my 1st C but because i had the override key I to master reset the VW (scorpion) alarm. This was done by leaving it disconnected for a while & there is a set of instructions to follow in sequence - ie open door, turn on ignition, open other door etc etc. These notes from memory are included in the alarm docs... im sure someone on here will have a copy. I dont as they went with the car.

Not so good news with current C but was an excuse to upgrade anyway.... hope this helps & im not babbling too much.

the way i always reset mine, and its the scorpion as picturered is..

disconnect battery, put key in ignition and turn on, connect battery, turn key to off position but don't remove, hold the left button for about 10secs until light goes out, remove key, and its done

See the thing that baffled me is after the battery had been dead my alarm started beeping really slowly and not all that loudly due to the battery being practically dead, so after I had charged it up and the car had been running again the central locking was working pretty much spot on and I never had any problems with it, then on the day i was taking it to get its MOT done the problem came up which I thought was odd.

Its a Toad alarm, can't remember which one exactly but I'll have a look through the manual to see about resetting it and hopefully that helps, much apprieciated for the info tho :D

the way i always reset mine, and its the scorpion as picturered is..

disconnect battery, put key in ignition and turn on, connect battery, turn key to off position but don't remove, hold the left button for about 10secs until light goes out, remove key, and its done

when you say 'light goes out' - which light do you mean? have an issue resetting mine at the moment and close to ripping it out...