Sign in to follow this  
nigwell

Part Numbers

Hi Everyone

Can anyone tell me the Part Numbers for the covers that go over the Windscreen wiper motor and stop the rain getting into the ECU and direct the water to the gulleys etc i think they come in 3 sections i have the righthand section but i need the middle and left, its not the part the under the wiper arms its below this part and held in place by the rubber strip, ive been to my local dealer but there useless, please help im going mad? :x

Regards

Nigwell :D

Not sure on the part numbers, but if it helps, the actual name of this part is the 'scuttle tray cover' :)

From what I gather there isn't a a cover that goes over the wiper motor or the centre section in the scuttle panel there is only the section on the right hand side (nearside) that has a cover I thought mine was missing at first when I bought my corrado 2 years ago but haven't seen a corrado yet with it completely covered I could be wrong but dont think I am. My golf mk2 had a complete plastic cover over it and thats why I thought it was missing at first but have been told by several sources they never made a complete cover for the corrado which seems a bit strange as the wiper motor and all the contacts that are on the top are open to all the elements

Hi Everyone

Can anyone tell me the Part Numbers for the covers that go over the Windscreen wiper motor and stop the rain getting into the ECU and direct the water to the gulleys etc i think they come in 3 sections i have the righthand section but i need the middle and left, its not the part the under the wiper arms its below this part and held in place by the rubber strip, ive been to my local dealer but there useless, please help im going mad? :x

Regards

Nigwell :D

Left hocker or Right hocker?

From what I gather there isn't a a cover that goes over the wiper motor or the centre section in the scuttle panel there is only the section on the right hand side (nearside) that has a cover I thought mine was missing at first when I bought my corrado 2 years ago but haven't seen a corrado yet with it completely covered I could be wrong but dont think I am. My golf mk2 had a complete plastic cover over it and thats why I thought it was missing at first but have been told by several sources they never made a complete cover for the corrado which seems a bit strange as the wiper motor and all the contacts that are on the top are open to all the elements

Hm... think we are getting confused. We seem to be talking about two different plastic covers from the front.. one is to the far left on the passenger side and is the plenum chamber cover - a flimsy piece of plastic that loosly fits over the plenum chamber (where the car sucks air in when you switch the heaters on) and is about the size of a shoebox. It helps channel the water away and down into the drain holes by the arms/springs for the bonnet...

The other bit is the piece of plastic, in three pieces, that runs along the bottom of the windscreen and has holes in it for the wiper blade to mount through to the motors. I assume that this, the scuttle tray cover, is what nigwell is referring to as thats the one that comes in three pieces :)

Okay here are all six part number 3 for the LHD and 3 for the RHD

dont know which are which as i cant remeber

Left part 535 853 829 and 536 853 829

Right Part 535 853 830 and 536 853 830

center 535 853 845 and 536 853 845

Double check with the dealer on part numbers!!

And heres the part no. for the flimsy plenum chamber cover which only goes part of the way across.

536 819 415 A

I think the 536 at the start means rhd only.

And heres the part no. for the flimsy plenum chamber cover which only goes part of the way across.

536 819 415 A

I think the 536 at the start means rhd only.

535 819 415 A will be left then!! and the clips to hold it in place!!

191 819 145 A

I had it saved from a post on the yahoo group as mine was all cracked and allowed water in, flooding my abs ecu and leaving me with no brakes. :mad: I thought I better hold onto it as I dont want that happening if it gets damaged again.

Is the large ECU mounted in the middle underneath the scuttle tray, the ABS ECU?

Or is that the 'main' ECU? :)

Thats the engine ECU, the water went straight through the plenum chamber in my car and flooded the passenger footwell, the abs is on the bulkhead there and the water had ran right down the wire and into it on my car.

Argh :(

I had similar fun when my windscreen was leaking.. would come in (depending on the camber the car was parked on) and would drip down over the fuse box and into the footwell.

How it never blew a fuse or did any damage i'll never know.. glad I got it sorted when I did.

:)

The part numbers 535 819 415 A & 536 819 415 A are the covers for the main ECU

Yeh, thats the same cover, it goes over the ecu which is mostly hidden further back under the windscreen and extends over the penum chamber.

Penum Chamber AKA heater intake

Erm, yeh :oops: , thats what I meant. Isnt the plenum chamber something to do with the intake manifold.

Nope - the Plenum Chamber is as it says - the heater intake. Its where the car sucks in the air it uses for the heaters :)