Sign in to follow this  
cymru-corrado

another dead corrado....

not on my nelly......... just got my new /old engine to dump in to keep her going.

No Corrado of mine is going to be allowed to die.

Gotta get home from work monday 4pm ish get a rental van drive to hereford from cardiff,bring back engine do conversion on tuesday ,straight swap for another kr engine, (although something will prob go wrong) drop van back then drive to newbury servies and drop off a bonnet, head home and hopefully get to bed at a reasonable hour.

dont you just love Corrado's? all this means i actually have a budget for new rims too believe it or not 8)

update.... parts needed were picked up this morn, rental van picked up got the engine i mean engines yes the guy chucked in another 16v lump which will be stripped for anything useful (ebay here i come),

both engines are now at a mates house,

van will be dropped off at half 8 tmrw morn and transplant on the go around 9.

job all done now,

started 9am on tues got old engine out by 12, had lunch, then spent about 2hrs basically rebuilding the new engine with stuff off mine that was ok such as newish water pump and starter motor, everything back in and slam panel, bumpers ,lights, etc by half 8,

one snag the rotor arm on the distributor had snapped except for that she would have been running that eve by then though we were to knackered to really care.

so on weds finished work at half 4, dash down to gsf which is only 5 mins from work.They then scare me as the only rotor arm listed is for a vr6 then they find one phew.

so part on everything re-checked.

new oil, collant and powersteering fluid,

first click of key not much had to let fuel get into system then she fires up beautifully, for about a few mins then booooooooooom 5 litres of oil on the floor.panick attack!

had put the new oil cooler on upside down doh! so bit of fiddling new oil bit of a coolant top up re-check and she starts up again and all is sweet, had to re-wire a few sensors as we put them in wrong way and stuff, 1 min job and job complete.

one engine swap in 12hrs.

no real problems few rounded bolts but as we basically had 3 engines to work off parts were readily available.

and she now sounds abit meaner with the drilled airbox...........

.............in 9 days time she'll be rolling on new rims to.

when your bank account is dry just remember mastercard :D

Nice work mate, glad to hear you got it sorted quick - If you'd have been a bit later you could've had my 2.0 9A bottom end, I'm starting to take mine out this weekend.