Sign in to follow this  
Blown

One for the R/C crowd

Was tinking about getting one myself!!

havent been racing for ages still got one of my skyline shells painted myself!!

Speaking of RC models, here's the Touareg that VW gave us, when we went to Berlin to discuss the "new Scirocco".

Thing goes quite nicely :-)

Tempest

My mate's RC Corrado model (same as the above one off ebay) looked like this last Friday and Saturday morning (modelled after his ex-C, which he sold), by Saturday afternoon it then looked a wee bit different :lol:

Tempest

Theres a clear uncut one of ebay at mo if hes interested on starting again

Don't worry, he's got 3 more Corrado shells :lol:

Tempest

My god that advert on ebay takes me back a good few years. Names like Egress and Avante bring back memories. Used to race 1/10 scale off road buggies for 2 different clubs. Brilliant fun, but was a struggle on a paperboys wage :D It's an expensive hobby!

Used to race 1/10 scale off road buggies

Me too, I still have a Rough Rider, Falcon, Vanquish, Optima Mid and Yokomo dogfighter Works 91!

Yokomo dogfighter Works 91

The Dogfighter was an awesome car! Was gonna get one to replace my Procat, but i decided to switch to 2WD instead, and got an RC10.

Don't own any cars now, but still have plenty of my old gear, which is probably so out-of-date now!

didnt realise so many of us used to be rc racers i used to have losi xx and a losi xx4 used to go to the regionals an that but soon as i got drivin real cars i just packed it in oh plus racing used to be on a sunday an gettin up dead early with a stonkin hangover was no fun! oh an phil i have a optima mid was my first rc car its the only thing i have left kept it as a momento

I started with a Manta Ray, but fitted a Procat body shell to it. Looked quite good. We raced indoors during the winter, and was only limited to stock motors. As soon as the summer came, we'd go outside, and fit whatever motors we liked. As soon as i put a modified motor in the Ray, it blew the gearbox to bits, had to get something that could handle the power.

I did a few interclub meets, but as i was only 13 at the time, it was a struggle to get my dad to cart me around to all the meets.

Really enjoyed it though..

We still have a club very close to me that race 1/10 circuit cars. I'm almost tempted, but i'd have to buy all the gear from scratch, as my stuff is well out of date, and can't really justify spending all that money when my VR is begging for a bit of attention at the moment!

The Dogfighter was an awesome car! Was gonna get one to replace my Procat, but i decided to switch to 2WD instead, and got an RC10.

My mate had one of those running a Reedy 12 double, that was so damn fast on the straights, it used pick the front wheels up accelerating out of slow bends. Me and my Dogfighter could still lap faster though! Another mate still has his Pro Cat, he's currently getting back to full working order.

phil i have a optima mid was my first rc car its the only thing i have left kept it as a momento

Cool, I'm really glad I didn't sell them, they bring back some real good memories.

currently got a schumacher mission 1/10 4wd carbon fibre with a silly pro mod motor waiting for the corrado shell to be finnished, should be ready for the stealth rolling road day :lol:

also looking for some 5 spokes that look similar to the asev A's

i did have a corrado shell for it before but the paint didnt last very long once it bounced of the kerb at full pelt :lol:

in the past iv'e had 3 mardave meteors,a marauder, 2 cobras(still got 1 in the box un-built), 2 mini stocks, a traxxass buggy (cant remember the model) and various pro 10's

Steve Gooding, One of my mates had a Manta Ray, we put a Tamiya DynaTech in it, which was not that powerful, but it used always pop the prop shaft out. The prop shaft was like a bit of coathanger with a loop at each end.

I currently still race RC and have a full garage of cars from electric to nitro.

Losi XXX4, XXX, XXXBK2 and JRX-S, also have a GS Storm CL1. Mainly into Off Road and get over to England to race at the Nationals from time to time.

Takes up alot of time and money to race seriously, and i am trying to raise funds for my next Corrado, so I think a clear out is on the way.

in the past iv'e had 3 mardave meteors,a marauder, 2 cobras(still got 1 in the box un-built), 2 mini stocks, a traxxass buggy (cant remember the model) and various pro 10's

Bit of a Mardave fan, eh? Those cars were great beginners cars, they were cheap and so strong. It took alot to break them. Think the Traxxas was called something like the TX10R?

Steve Gooding, One of my mates had a Manta Ray, we put a Tamiya DynaTech in it, which was not that powerful, but it used always pop the prop shaft out. The prop shaft was like a bit of coathanger with a loop at each end.

Yeah, i used to get the same problem, before the idler gears would shread! Tamiya even bought out the Top Force which was an uprated version, better chassis, suspension, wheels etc, but used the same gearbox!

I used to run a Trinity 15 triple with 1700mAh matched Sanyo cells in my RC10. Went like stink back then, but is probably nothing compared to what they run now!

Bit of a Mardave fan, eh? Those cars were great beginners cars, they were cheap and so strong. It took alot to break them. Think the Traxxas was called something like the TX10R?

Yeah, i used to get the same problem, before the idler gears would shread! Tamiya even bought out the Top Force which was an uprated version, better chassis, suspension, wheels etc, but used the same gearbox!

I used to run a Trinity 15 triple with 1700mAh matched Sanyo cells in my RC10. Went like stink back then, but is probably nothing compared to what they run now![/quote:00b00]

not really a mardave fan they where just cheap and strong so where great for thrashing around the farm i used to live on :lol:

i picked most of them up for a few quid at car boot sales with my pocket money and then went to the local bearing dealer and replaced all the plastic and brass bushes with industrial grade ball races, which makes a hell of a difference 8)

i only bought the schumacher a couple of months ago as it was only 40 quid in a stock clearence and i needed something to put the corrado shell on, i did have to glue the tyres onto the rims though as when i gave it some revs all 4 tyres just expanded and flew off the rims :lol:

i needed something to put the corrado shell on

I still do, so if anyone has any suggestions of something cheap which is the right wheelbase, track length and width, that would be useful.

a traxxass buggy (cant remember the model) and various pro 10's

Could have been a Traxxas TCP if it had a carbon chassis, I've got one of those in the loft with either an 8 or 10 turn Reedy motor in it (can't remember which ... 8 years since it last came out). Bloody fast little sod! ... easily kept up with cars driving down the road.

Think there's still a ministock up there as well painted like the mini I had for a 1st car 8)

I used to run a Trinity 15 triple with 1700mAh matched Sanyo cells in my RC10. Went like stink back then, but is probably nothing compared to what they run now!

Last season I was running 9 and 10 turn singles in Off Road racing and I know some of the Touring Cars were running as low as 6 singles :shock: and this year looks like alot of drivers will be going brushless (less maintanence same speed).

As for Batteries 4200mAh cells have just been released called Big Mamas :lol: and we are waiting on the 4300mAh cells very soon.

I think you can imagine the difference this has :lol:

in the past iv'e had 3 mardave meteors

was waiting for someone to mention them!

I had one which went pretty much the way my VR goes... Like something off a shovel!

As for Batteries 4200mAh cells have just been released

:shock:

Wow, thats quite a difference! But then it has been over 10 years since i gave it up...

Went through some of my stuff last night, and found 3 sets of cells, and a KO-FET steering servo. This thing was state of the art back then, but is probably twice the size of anything these days :lol:

I've got a Futaba high torque servo in mine and a Tekin speed conrtoller with a break which used the motor as a dynamo and charged the cells whilst breaking. I ran Panasonic 1700mAh cells.