Sign in to follow this  
KARMANN

Torque and BHP

Iv read somewhere that

BHP=Torque x Rpm / 5252

Is this correct?

If so when the RPM reading reaches 5252 Rpm surely the torque and Bhp should cross eachother on a graph-ie,read the same.

Is this correct?

The reason i ask is that i recently had a RR session at a meet and my figures along with quite a few figures from other cars were way of previous figures-done only weeks before.

Cheers Fraser

Good thats as i thought!!

I only really looked at my 2 print outs of my runs today and they have the torque and bhp crossing at 3200 Rpm im guessing this basicaly affects the reading?

I paid £20 at BEDROCK and they derived figures of 176Bhp and 235lbf-ft for my VR6. I know from previous RR days that it should always be around 200 ish for each.So i was pissed of when seeing these figures-the guy in charge suggested a service-when i get my fcukn hands on him he will be needing a fcuk service.........from an ambulance.

Cheers Fraser

frazer i knew my car had more power than yours didnt relise it had that much more 201.5 bhp 195t :2gunfire:

Im from Airdrie mate-wasnt impressed by the way the day was ran.

frazer i knew my car had more power than yours didnt relise it had that much more 201.5 bhp 195t :2gunfire:

Erm but that was before you rebuild back to standard and your little "accident" and remembering the figure on the day were completely bogus.

Cheers Fraz

By the way, if your read-out is a power-at-wheels graph, it won't cross at 5250.. only power-at-crank will cross at 5250 rpm ...

Erm but that was before you rebuild back to standard and your little "accident" and remembering the figure on the day were completely bogus.

its faster now and lighter[no door ,dash etc] thats who turned squidies into a golf coupe.