Sign in to follow this  
morpheus20170

Performance mod for Corrado 2.0 16v

KR inlet cam! Should be the first mod on any 2.0 valver owner's list, and anyone who doesn't have one is daft!!! 15bhp or so for only £20-25 for the cam... ;)

There's a 16v tuning guide in the Wiki, like scarlett says though the KR cam will give you the most bang for your buck.

(would I be right in thinking you should change the tappets, cam chain and rocker gasket at the same time though?)

I have been told by TSR that if you replace the cams that it effects the immisions and it won't pass the MOT without lots of time and money spent.

Please clear this up and is it worth changing the head to a TSR Pack A 16v head?

What about the lupo GTI wipers, any good, been told not?

probably the best/most useful mod that can be done

probably the best/most useful mod that can be done

Everyone on here raves about the Lupo wipers but I've just got standard arms with Bosch blades (drivers side has a spoiler) and never had any problems whatsoever.

I have been told by TSR that if you replace the cams that it effects the immisions and it won't pass the MOT without lots of time and money spent.

Please clear this up and is it worth changing the head to a TSR Pack A 16v head?

Not sure about the emissions but do a search for TSR, you'll find their reputation has been pretty bad since Tim Stiles left, and the Pack A head they do is apparantly a rip off.

Everyone on here raves about the Lupo wipers but I've just got standard arms with Bosch blades (drivers side has a spoiler) and never had any problems whatsoever.

your lucky then!!! :lol: if you get a chance go in someones car fitted with them in the rain then come back and tell me your not impressed! i alwys thought mine were OK!

i think you replace the exhaust cam on 2.0l with the inlet of the kr?? is that correct?

whats the score with fitting the inlet cam to the KR 1.8 engine?? do you get the same results??

ben

your lucky then!!! if you get a chance go in someones car fitted with them in the rain then come back and tell me your not impressed! i alwys thought mine were OK!

admittedly I did bend the arms slightly to put more pressure on the blades :wink: ... I'm sure the lupo wipers are really good but I'm not changing mine when they already work perfectly well.

whats the score with fitting the inlet cam to the KR 1.8 engine?? do you get the same results??

The kr inlet cam is from the 1.8 so changing it will do absolutely nothing, you can change the cams in a 1.8 but I've never looked into it since i have the 2.0

So, what are we saying about these cams then, change which one or both? I've been told both but now I'm confused, ahhhhh, lol

change the 2.0 inlet cam for the 1.8 inlet cam

change the 2.0 inlet cam for the 1.8 inlet cam

Correct!

Mine has a KR inlet cam and goes straight through the emmissions test on the MOT.

Is there a similar improvement to had from a 2.0 litre ABF engine if the KR inlet cam is put in ? I can't sacrifice low revs torque though as we are talking about a B4 Passat Estate.

Best wishes

RB

Roger, I'm not sure but I think the ABF inlet is more similar to the KR one i.e. not so much improvement.

But I would do some research because my memory is not to good these days :?

Have a look Here for lots of info about 2.0 16v engines. Beware the Club GTI sight is very S :sleeping: L :sleeping: O :sleeping: W :sleeping: at the moment!

Like Phil says, change the 9A (2.0 engine) inlet cam for the KR (1.8 engine) inlet cam as it has higher lift (opens the valves further) and longer duration (opens the valves for longer) than the 9A one... The exhaust cams are the same, so no point swapping them over. flusted runs a re-profiled exhaust cam as his inlet cam, which gives even higher lift and longer duration than a standard KR inlet cam, but he's running quite a few other mods too... Both scarlett and davecash have KR inlet cams in otherwise standard engines, both are fine on emissions, and both are putting out just under 160bhp...

Hope that clears it up! :D

You can get Schrick cams for the 1.8 - PM randal as he's doing/done this to his... Alternatively, PM flusted about the re-profiled exhaust cams as inlet cams in the 1.8... :)

re-profiled exhaust cams as inlet cams in the 1.8..

ah thats where i was getting confused... cheers!!

Abf cams are best left in an abf as they suit the longer stroke of the engine.

kr inlet cam in 2l is the best and cheapest mod and you will definatly notice the difference.

Think about it,the 2l puts out 136bhp the 1.8 puts out 139bhp,only differences are the inlet cam and the cat.

The 16v tuning guide in the wiki isnt up to date,click the link in my sig