Sign in to follow this  
TheWizardofOdds

VAG Corrado parts

Morning people,I was wondering if it is possible to get a list of Corrado parts still available from VAG.Do they do this,or do I have to ask for each part individually?(to find out).The reason I am asking is that from trawling various threads of people looking for parts,inevitably,people say that the parts are still available from VAG.Thanks.

My local VAG is staffed exclusively with idiots.

i think you`ll find the correct term is thieving b*stard idiots :lol:

you could try other vw stealerships to confirm availability and a part number :thumbleft:

Thanks gaz.I feared the worst.My local VAG is staffed exclusively with idiots.

sounds like my one !

Me and my dad and the b/f work in car parts ...so do my best not to dial that evil stealership number . It makes me laugh when you go in and say Corrado and they look at you like you just said an alien word.

'yes you did actually make them , dumbass '

Just a shame so much is VAG only now :cry:

i just had to get a hose ....vw only, robbery!

...and then i had to wait 10 days for it , because it was on back order . Copper piping is such a good product to bodge with :lol:

yeah it wasnt cheap .... 20 odd quid for the heater hose .... i try not to look . :cry:

Thing is they know where to make their money .You have to have hoses! I got a quote for the rad hoses as thought I would change them while doing the heater one ..... 70 odd quid all together !!!

Luckly got them both for about £ 15 from my dad :wink:

Luckly got them both for about £ 15 from my dad

big difference from £70, i try to keep my corrado std when it comes to the mechanical bits but i detest being ripped off by vw ( who doesnt ), there are a few good breakers around here that usually come up with the goods at a real world price :thumbleft:

Where are you wiz?

My VAG local parts guys in Grangemouth have been good so far despite changing hands. I got Corrado Club discount, too.

My VAG local parts guys in Grangemouth have been good so far despite changing hands. I got Corrado Club discount, too.

lucky you having a good relationship with your Stealers :wink:

...i think calling the lot at my dealers 'idiots' blew my chances :lol:

I always go into the trade counter at my local dealers- Mann Egerton, Exeter, the parts guys are good blokes & I always ask for discount- they know if you've got a raddo that they will be seeing you again :shock: & are happy to help keep a good car on the road.

jade said

...i think calling the lot at my dealers 'idiots' blew my chances

Ma'am - you sound as if you might be what we call in these here parts

"a nippy sweetie" :)

I expect you were provoked, though!

jade said

...i think calling the lot at my dealers 'idiots' blew my chances

Ma'am - you sound as if you might be what we call in these here parts

"a nippy sweetie" :)

I expect you were provoked, though!

oh yes ... the silly little boy thought it was funny to say 'want me to order these parts for your boyfriends car'

.....he regretted it

oh yes ... the silly little boy thought it was funny to say 'want me to order these parts for your boyfriends car'

.....he regretted it

don't even get me started..... :)

Craigowl,I'm in EK.Verve in Glasgow is my local dealer.It just seems to me that I'm putting them out anytime I call,and when I go to the garage I must be invisible to them because without fail I have to accost somebody and ask if it's at all possible I'll be served that day.

Reg Vardy in Leicester has got to be one of the worst!

You can half an hour just waiting to be served! Thats your whole lunch break gone!

I'm never using the dealers ever again if i can help it, not even for a service! They wanted near enough 100 notes for that straight through bit of exhaust after the cat! What a joke, i nearly fell over. Welded a piece of tube inplace now. Hate to think what they want for the big middle box.

Hate to think what they want for the big middle box

well the square shaped centre silencer is about £130+vat ... I went for an aftermarket one that was £98 inc vat (only a temporary measure till I get round to putting a full stainless system on).

Have to a agree with what crdo16v said earlier though, the chaps in Mann Egerton are generally pretty good. Plus some of the salesmen even know of and like the Corrado! I once blocked something in and I let the chap move it whilst I was being served and he said "lovely car mate, always liked the corrado" when he gave me the keys back :)

The guys at my local dealers in Westbury seem fine, he couldn't beleive the price either. I managed to find a centre box on ebay in Trowbridge which is just up the road from me. Paid about 30 quid (Cant get my bloody pound sign to work!) for it.