Sign in to follow this  
bristolbaron

splitting, cleaning and resealing dirty inpro FK tail lights

I'm sure i saw a thread about resealing in-pro's, but can't find it any more!

My rear lights have gone sludgy, and i'd like to clean and re-seal them before sunday. Can any one tell me an exact type/brand of sealant that they've used [sucessfully!] to do this?! I'm thinking i just need to:

Slice through existing sealant and scrape/clean it all off,

Remove gunge

reseal using ______ ?

Just stuck on the last bit! Also, what colour sealant should i be using?!

Thanks,

Baz.

Jet spray them round the edges - got all the carp out of mine and didn't ruin the seals either 8)

Pretty much :lol: They weren't really bad but deffo had green stuff growing in them... I tried cleaning with a cloth by gently lifting and raising the edge into the gap which kind of worked but couldn't get in to the corners... then I gave up and thought I may as well just give it a blast with the jet spray! It worked a treat but they will need doing again soon :?

an update!..

I took my lights out, and tried to split them, but they seem to have a fold in the plastic, so you cant just cut the sealant. I've had to clean up as much as i could with an old toothbrush. they've come up okay, but theres still a line through the middle. I've put sealant around all the edges now though, so hopefully they wont get any worse. I'd still be interested to know if anyone has actually got the lens apart!?

see this is why i run the hella lights in winter... :lol: i learned the hard way too

see this is why i run the hella lights in winter... :lol: i learned the hard way too

that a hella 've a plan for next winter *groan* :lol:

Did the same on mine about 2 summers ago: Cleaned out as much of the green stuff as possible, then resealed with clear sealant. Worked so far.

Tempest