Sign in to follow this  
C. Will Corrado G60 2

What's the going price to well tuned G60 1H lump?

This is just a feeler but does anyone know much a well tuned G60 lump with the below spec would fetch?

1h lump

High flow head

Rallye Stage 4 charger (serviced 5/6000 miles ago) with solid exit

Green SNS chip

High lift cams

Adjustable pulley

CFMI with custom 63mm piping.

TSR exhaust manifold

Induction kit with sheild

VF front and rear mounts

Radiator

Kenlow fan

BBM HT leads

There more than likely a few bit I've forgotten about too.

Why am I selling it cos it's time for a engine upgrade!!!

Well yes it's an option, but I think i want some finesse back. I love the engine at the moment but I want more power and I'm having to scrifice that.

and.................................the sound and power of a supercharger VR6 you can't beat!

Off topic , but have you got any larger pics of you car C. Will Corrado G60 2, It looks awesome in your avvy.

So to sum up it's a rallye 1H G60 engine with a stage 4 charger, chip and pulley, high-lift CAM (not cams, it only has one), ported head, uprated fan, solid engine mounts, 4-branch manifold and induction kit with performance plug leads ?

Guide prices:

G60 engine with charger £750-£1100 (only if inc. O2A gearbox and ECU as well and average miles, all in good condition with all ancillaries)

chip and pulley £75

high-lift cam £100

ported head £150

solid mounts £75 pair

4-branch manifold £100

induction kit £50

plug leads £30

uprated fan £50

So I reckon you could ask MAX £1500-£1600 if sold with gearbox and ECU

Cheers and HTH

and.................................the sound and power of a supercharger VR6 you can't beat!

............true but a turbo'd V8 sounds pretty damn good too....... someday.....

Have you considered an IHI turbo conversion for your current engine?

A really good conversion with 320 posible and i would say still very civilised to drive pottering round.

Would say more driveable than your current set up, keep engine and convert.

IHIG60 - what other work have you done besides fitting the turbo? i.e. what was your engine like before doing this conversion? Was it like the one listed above? And what were you forced to do to be able to take that power (e.g. driveshafts, joints etc). Know theres too much you could write here - but curious to know some basic details please.

Walesy, wish it looked like that mate!!!!! Can't remember who on here didi a little photoshoping. if it was that low I'd be going nowhere...!!!

Ah but it was still looking mighty sexy at London volks fest at North Weald last year 8)

IHIG60 - what other work have you done besides fitting the turbo? i.e. what was your engine like before doing this conversion? Was it like the one listed above? And what were you forced to do to be able to take that power (e.g. driveshafts, joints etc). Know theres too much you could write here - but curious to know some basic details please.

_leon_ Basically a 1900 conversion with big valve head, intercooler, high lift cam, oil cooler, the works. Was running BBM/Lysholm on 50mm pulley then converted to IHI and out of it all its the best thing i have done more economical as driving off boost thats until i floor it 440cc injectors tend to drink a good load of go go juice.

Standard drive shafts, cv joints etc. Replaced all bushes front and rear for poly 1's and replaced all drive components as old were old and worn, as probably been on car for at least 10 years if not its entire life. Had no issues at all so far even standard box and diff although im going to go diff ratios and peloquin ATB as traction on corners can sometimes be compromised, and G60 ratios are not suited to my power band available which is very wide.

g60dave has IHI conversion on a standard engine and i think it does roughly 220BHP and 240lb/ft of torgue and he is really happy with it. Might be worth getting his view as with ur spec it would be a a trade off between mine and his i suspect.

What do you want to upgrade to 20v?

Hope this helps mate.

Sorry for going off topic here C. Will Corrado G60 2...

Well I'm going through replacing almost everything on the car, by the end i'll have replaced the steering rack/rods etc, front and rear brakes, 4 branch manifold and full exhaust, new cv joints with std driveshafts, uprated engine mounts, remote oil cooler, new suspension (havent decided on replacement yet), all new OEM bushes, new wishbones, new bearings, new arb, gearbox rebuild with atb diff... then comes the modding, pretty much what you've listed above. fmic, fans, management, 1.9, gas flowed head, injectors... I'm probably only about 33% through it. That doesnt list all the other stuff like bodywork, central locking, interior stuff, general servicing...

I am interested in this route - I'd like to find out more about the conversion and what sort of costs are involved - also how reliable it is...

If theres another thread discussing it I'll move my post over to it - saves hijacking this one. :)

BigTartanJudge, Been away for my stag do in Barcelona (What a weekend), so sorry for no reply. Really appreciate the pricing list puts me in a better place for what I'm planning.

dinkus, She's still looking ok, but needs some TLC from londons parkers as it's trashed on all four corners now.

The car hasn't been RR some I'm not should what it's pulling but it's got to be around 200bhp.