Sign in to follow this  
neil20vtc

fitting a humped rear seat?

i am about aquire a set of cloth recaros but my rear seat doesnt have the hump and the recaro one does i believe i need the metal braket that the hump bolts into but there welded in. was wondering if anyone else has done this an if they just cut the braket out an welded it into there car or got round this problem some other way?

yeah i saw phats just cut the bracket out and welded it in very simple job you could even volt it in if you didnt have a welder.

cheers my mate said he can fabricate a bracket if i cant find one only thing is ive meant to be picking the seats up tomorrow an its snowin like buggery here i only just made it up the hill where i live an i aint gonna try venturing down it last time i did i almost ended up in the blokes garden at the bottom! :oops:

I've got a humped rear seat :wink: although getting round the arm-rest did prove tricky! But at least the first-aid kit was close by incase you do yourself a mischief!

whats the difference between welding and volting?! Laughing

lol there is a big difference i just have no idea what!!! what a strange thing to type! i apologise to all as i now have typed over three thousand nonsense posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i changed my hump type seats for a set of leather seats with out the hump if you need the back center consel bit i will swap it for yours as i need the one without the holes ?????

when i went 'hump' i didnt cut holes etc as the hump just squeezes in between the seats. of course you dont have the tilt this way but no cutting and messing about!

jekvr6 what colour is your back centre console bit mines grey but dunno what im goin to do yet because like sciroccotune says it looks fine as it is so dunno if i can be arsed having to get a bracket welded it

I fitted a "hump" into my back seat an put my CD Autochanger under it.

I bolted the bracket to the chassis (just behind the rear ashtray). I'll get some snaps if you want them dude, I have the car with me in the office today.