Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

flippin golf! >:|

Really discuffed with the golf at the moment, not only because it makes me regret not buying back the VR to fix up, or buying another corrado.

I'm supposed to be driving a mate up to scotland tomorrow to look at a TT he wants, I've only really been driving the golf once or twice a week so I thought it'd be wise to check the tire pressures and so on to make sure it was tip-top for the trip. While inflating one of the tires I noticed air bubbling out around the wheel weights, which are the old style clip on ones. feck! better get to kwikfit and get that sorted, the guy there discovered a big split in the tirewall so i need a new one... only they dont have a tire the right size in stock! WHAT!!! the guy even said it was a really uncommon tire size! WTF! its a mk3 golf!! so, the end result was I got him to put the space saver on with the thought that'd go at lunch today to get it sorted.

I get home and decide to put the headunit from my VR into the golf, since the one thats in stopped working for some reason and I might as well swap to the other as fix the one that was in. So away I go, all tickity-boo, radio works although it loses its memory when the cars turned off, I just left it since thats not a big issue and I was getting cold.

got up a bit late this morning thinking I had extra time since I'd be driving in to work rather than going on the bus, out to the car, de-iced it all and jumped in to start it...nothing. not a peep. no turning over, no odd noise... not a sausage. ARGH! Checked fuses and other obvious things, all fine. listen for the fuel pump priming and it was struggling...hmm... turn on the wipers and they going veeery sloooowly.... oh feck dead battery!! That wire from the headunit is definatly wrong then!

no time to sort it out since I had to get to work, ended up getting a different bus to normal and walking half way across town to get to work.

on top of that, the heater packed in last week, the ABS light is constantly on, the rev counter makes an odd clicky noise and the glove box has a pen wedged into it to keep it shut.

whats most annoying I think is that up until it got dented, the VR was pretty much perfect, free of niggles and didnt really give me any bother. This golf is the bain of my life and as soon as its 'niggles' are fixed it'll be up for sale, hopfully its one saving grace, the heated leather, will speed the sale along.

:(

I fully regret selling my g60 now. But I have to say, my golf is so reliable that i'm reluctant to sell it! :lol:

The glove box thing is a common fault with Mk3's , mine had been replaced by the previous owner, it shouldn't be too hard or expensive to sort out.

With the price that valvers are at at the min they're hard to say no to.

Egay glovebox

Egay glovebox

Egay glovebox handle

cheeky....!

yeah walesy, I have the bit to fix the glovebox, bought from ebay for a mere £10, its kinda my fault its not fixed yet but nevermind!

I think i'm just in a grump because I've got a car which I dont like, and have no motivation to spend cash on to fix but i'm going to have to anyway.

that sucks mate.... :(

just get her cleaned up and get shot...

then you may return from the darkside to the land of corrado-goodness....!!! :)

sounds like your being drawn back to the dark side! just get shot & buy a valver! you know you want to!! JUST DO IT! :twisted:

I'm not sure what to do at the moment, everything needs sorting to get it saleable, which means spending cash i dont really have. As a means to an end i suppose I'll have to.

I know valvers can be picked up dirt cheap at the moment, but that still means i'd be returning to, as you say, the dark side and as we all know the dark side is expensive. I swore to myself if I did get another corrado it'd be a mint example which I wouldnt have to spend buckets on to get up to standard, I have my doubts that a sub £1000 valver would meet that outline.

know what your saying but you get no gaurantees when you buy any car. paid a lot for my vr, had it 5 days & the brakes seized on! nearly 400 quid it cost me! think the clutch is on it's way out & the temp gauge is acting up. i was so close to buying a bora tdi but then thought F**k it! lifes to short. if your interested my ex has a white h reg valver for sale, hardly been used & is totally standard apart from the stereo?

yeah thats true, theres good 'uns and bad 'un out there at all sorts of prices, I guess I'll just have to see closer to the time. as for your ex's valver, I'm in no position to be buying at the moment, but if its still about when I am I may well have a butchers.