Sign in to follow this  
Jonny_L

My new project

Alright guys, thought some of you might be interested, i know it's a corrado forum, but I'm well excited so thought i'd share it with you all.

I'm just about to go out and buy a VW camper!

1978 bay window, and it's a proper shed. got a lot of welding to do over the next few months, but one day it'll be sweet.

I'll be going off to pay in a while, and i'll get some pics up when the recovery truck arrives later (yes, its that bad).

Feels like christmas tho, last time i was this excited about a car, i ended up with a corrado!

Cant wait! Jonny

Nice one mate! I had a T25 for a wile, they are sweet motors and everyone loves you when you are in them! (ish) Watch out you can end up spending so much money one them. I wanted to do loads with mine but in the end the other half made me sell it and get a house instead. You have to get a name for it too!

Ah yes, i'm sure i'll come up with a name yet. Course, i've still got a bug to work on at the same time which should get interesting. I can imagine i'll start swapping bits around on them sooner or later!

pics pics......

Wish i had one.... Lovin the campers :-)

Me too! altho prefer the T25s, but splittys,etc go for crazy money!

Good luck with the project! 8)

Here's the van, took longer than i thought to get it home, and it got too dark to take pics.

As you can see, it's a bit of a shed, and i've got a lot of grinding, welding and painting to be getting on with. unfortunately, my garage is about 6 inches too low, so i'm about to make a temporary car port to work in. can't have the neighbours looking in and getting arc eyed :shock:

how about dave?

Good one, i think you might have it there. my mate dave enjoyed that one too, and it's his birthday. perfect.

Didn't somebody have one of these with a G60 in it ?

Hmm..... that's a thought, there's more than enough room for the W12 that's on Germany eBay now if you only want from seats ;)

Let's see a pic of the footwells then! A guy i work with bought a 56 splitty at Bristol volksfest about 2-3 years ago. You think yours is a shed you should see his! I think it's been hit HARD in every corner and then thrown off a cliff.

Good luck with it and enjoy coughing up rust and blowing it out of your nose for the next few years.

well i like it, could just go for the rat look and drive it as is :lol:

you are making me want one even more now, reccon i could use one as my daily drive?

funnily enough, the footwells are almost perfect. It's an odd one really, all the rust is on the body, nothing on the chassis. i guess it was stored for a while before i got it. It's perfectly drivable, tho i'm sure the front panel is held on with nothing but air and luck.

Course you could have one as a daily driver, that's what the AA is for!

They blacklisted me a couple of years ago with the bug, and was told i'd have to pay if i called them out again within the year! :oops: