Sign in to follow this  
slimeskul7

Heated Rear Window Switch

The cluster of switches which includes the heated rear window, front & rear fog light are they suppose to light up when pushed? If not how do you tell if they are switched on short of getting & the car & looking?

Also can anyone tell me where the switch for the rear spoiler operation is? Is it suppose to be within that cluster?

Cheers

slime

Switch for the spoiler is above your right knee, and yes, those switches (fogs and heated rear window) should both light up.

Ah, ok so do you think its a fuse thats gone or the bulb has blown? Either way can someone point me in theright direction to fix it?

Also my heater controls don't light up either, its a 1994 2.0 16v. Any further thoughts on this?

Thanks

slime

Also my heater controls don't light up either, its a 1994 2.0 16v. Any further thoughts on this?

The bulb has gone? :lol:

In the late controlls there is just one bulb to light the 3 dials. You need to pull the middle one out and theres a bulb behind, be carefull when changeing it becasue if you're too rough the cradle can brake :oops:

Dont expect the Blackpool illuminations though mate, it doens't give off much light.

You mean the middle dial or the middle panel?

Any idea about the light bulb for the cluster of switches.

I actually meant by the "Any further thoughts on this? " comment if the 2 problems might be linked.

slime

Can I assume the headlight rocker switch should light up? If so mine doesn't!

Is there an LED inside the switch or do I have to replace the whole switch?

i think it should...forgotten me self now! :lol:

theres definately a bit that lights up when you have only your side lights on,and yep its just a small bulb inside the switch. :)

Neil.