Sign in to follow this  
dexter130

VR6 Speedlines, two types?

I'm pikcing up a VR6 tomorrow :D it's got 15" 5 spoke speedlines, they look silmilar to the usual VR6 ones but are more rounded and the guy rekons they were fitted from new, just wondering if they were a dealer option at the time and if there is a demand for them as I prefer the standard items tbh. I'll post pics when I collect the car but if they ring any bells please let me know.

Thanks, Derek

Ah yes.. I know these. I can never remeber the name of them and they do look quite like the speedlines but are slightly different. Not very common at all so well worth hanging on to!

Anyone else remeber?

Not the campaign ones... the ones in question very similar to the Speedlines... might be Monte Carlo's actually?

Yeah - I know about the campaign ones but i'm thinking about another set of alloy wheels... arrrgggh its driving me crazy now cause I can picture them but don't know the name :(

Brands Hatch - thats the one! Thanks - I was going insane trying to remeber the name of the damn things! :)

There is a website somewhere that shows all the different wheels that the Corrado ever came with.

Buggered if I can remember what it is tho :lol:

the ones fitted to campaigns,montreals i think

dazzyvr6 I think you got it in one, here's a pic from the ebay ad.

VR6RL.jpg

So was there a Corrado campaign? Thought that was just a Golf edition but I'm new to Rado's so I'll do a search for more info. Glad to hear these wheels are relatively rare, they are all in good nick as the car has only done 75k, one owner from new! Still prefer the normal ones but may keep for originality. Cheers for the help!

they look more like the alloys that come on early MK3 golf gti 16v's

The supremely rare Corrado VR6 Campaign did sport those same wheels too. They only ever made 6 Campaigns.. complete with a nice funky brick red / blue leather interior and Dusky Mauve paint! :)