Sign in to follow this  
VR6 South

Heated Seat Loom or Simple Wiring Diagram HELP!

Help. I need to wire up my heated seats (late type) and have the switch, the plug that connects to the switch and the plugs that connect to the seats themselves all that's missing is the bits in between and the link to the fuse panel. I'm no electrician but I'm sure this must be fairly straight forward. I have looked at the Bentley maunual and it's confused me :?

i have the whole loom but i have no idea where to plug it into the fuse panel so im just going to rig it up to a switched live with a fuse.

http://volkswagen.msk.ru/electro/corr94.zip

Page 34.

billinjahg60, this pic http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/download.php?id=29708 shows where the loom plugs into the junction connector on the top rear of the Corrado fusebox. The power (black) and switch lighting (blue / gray) both plug in here. You will need to flip the fusebox down to get at them... The three black (grey looking) connectors plugged in the top are all switched 12v - you can see there is a spare slot for another connector on the left. The lighting block is to the right of it and has the same spare slot (on my '92 G60...)

Chris.

well me and a mate tryed fitting the loom to my recaros with no luck other then the electrical part, so my seats move but dont heat up a bit confused where some of the wire,s and plugs go to. i have a plug which reaches to the back seats drivers side with 1 wrote on it, a double black panel thing with slots for which looks like 2 relays fit into , 2 wires which have a green see through thing on them and male plugs on the end to help needed thanks

yeah i have but being dumb i dont see anything there that is diferent to mine now i take it you are on about the red c with someone,s hand pointing to the fuseboard

OK - if you have the full factory loom, it goes like this:

One seat plug (end of loom) plugs into bottom of drivers seat.

Loom runs across (over) centre tunnel and another seat plug tees off and plugs into bottom of passenger seat.

Loom then runs to the rear of the vertical black plastic panel which is on the left hand side of the passenger footwell (RHD cars obviously..) The two relays and their associated mounting plates sit here (behind the plastic panel) - there is a clip for them but I ended up with a couple of ty-raps as well..

The brown earth wire with the 'ring' style connector on the end should be mounted to the body somewhere here, as close to the relays as possible and (obviously) with a good earth - scrape a bit of paint off if necessary.

Loom then runs to the switch unit in the dash and then on to the fusebox. If everything else is in place, there should be two plugs left on the fusebox end, a black wire (+12v feed) and a blue / grey wire (switch lighting feed). +12v connection on top rear of fuse box is shown above. I originally thought the fusebox connector next to it was for the switch lighting but the next day realised that this was full of blue / white (speed signal) wires, not blue / grey. (It was dark...).

I ended up just cutting a blue / grey cable going to another switch on the dash and patching the blue / grey from the loom in.

Since then I have fitted DDI backlit dials and rings etc so I now have a permanent connection point behing the switches where all of my dash and switch lighting is connected..

Hope this helps,

Chris.