Sign in to follow this  
jenks

Bonnet Catch cable

I was fitting my new sleeve on last nite and the bonnet catch cable wire will not stretch anough as i cut the old sleeve off!

So i now need a new bonnet catch cable,runs from the bonnet catch,along wing through slam panel, any tips? and howw much we looking at?

TIA

Think its about 30 quid but I might be wrong and it might be 60 quid, lol, dunno!

It seems like a bit of a bitch to do.

Easily doable I think. You just probably wont be able to use your hands for all of it. Remove a few things and you'll plenty of access.

Well ive taken mine off,piece of p!ss taking it off but that always the case isnt it?Getn a 2nd hand cable 2moz n should have it fitted by Friday,ill let you know!

pretty easy job, fitted a complete set including the trumpets which enable the cable to operate the catches x 2 within the slam panel

pretty easy job, fitted a complete set including the trumpets which enable the cable to operate the catches x 2 within the slam panel

yeah it was an easy job,but i forgot about the trumpet on the drivers side,and i broke a brand new cable :cry: :lol: ,£24 down the drain

broke my cable too ! ive got a one piece grille and headlight spoiler with flexi tabs at the bottom so i can just pull the grille out and reach up inside and pull the cable!! :roll: