Sign in to follow this  
GIXXERUK

AUDI TT ?

i'm thinking about buying an audi TT (225)

preferably black , i'm thinking they can produce very good power with a few mods :twisted:

and if worked right they can lose the girly look and look aggressive

can you put me off ? (the dash pod is not an issue as most have had the recall now )

cheers

paul

As a Corrado replacement?

The only angle of the TT I like is the front. The rest of it looks blobby and ugly. I know this shouldn't matter when it comes to cars, but they're really, really common aswell....and TT drivers have a bad reputation for being arrogant pricks, so you'll be stereo typed the moment you pull off your drive :-) Maybe put a "My old car was a Corrado" sticker on the back and you might get away with it ;-)

Seriously though.....grip = awesome, dynamics = average, fun factor = 2 out of 10.

I have driven a 225 Roadster and it just felt like driving a MK4 Golf around, but with a tarty interior. Boring.

The last TT Audi did (the one with 250ish brake and black roof) is supposed to be a vast improvment dynamically, but is way over priced.

I'd get an S3 over a TT any day....

Paul you seen the TT at awesome gti? that looks mint...but not my cup of tea, its still a TT - the styling isnt aggressive enough.

S3 - hmph, would struggle to get excited that I own one but I know what you mean.

get that thought out of your head,, sure you can find a better cat than a tt. tt round here stands for total tosser. personally i think it looks dated allready. :wink:

Dont do it!! Its a shirt lifters car!!!

lmao

Lippy, yeah i've seen the one at awesome mate , it does look a bit like a girl in dr martens :-)

kevHaywire, i havent drove one yet but i keep reading they are a bit uninvolving , actually read one review and the guy said buy a drivers car - a vr6 corrado !

as for the vr , i'm not sure if as it seems they are only fetching 2k or so , i might just hold on to it aswell,. not too sure atm

Dont do it!! Its a shirt lifters car!!!

PMSL :-)

That's why the roof was down when I drove my mate's roadster :-)

i would have any of the above rather than a TT.

how much to the Vx220 Turbo knock out for nowadays, even the n/a one is better VFM than an elise.

can't beat a vx220 for 'bang for buck' so to speak, awesome car, prices are insanely low and only because they have a Vauxhall badge instead of a Lotus badge.

Have fun

D. :twisted:

mate the vx220 turbo are very good and very exicting and f**king quick!

ive always wanted a c43 amg i know this doesnt fit your bill

if i was looking for a sports car i would think my choice would be porsche gixxer! thats if you got 20k to spend?

maybe 350z?

whats your budget?

i was very lucky to drive my mates vx220! i couldnt really rag it as only a few miles as no insurance but he hits it! where you live if your down south im sure he'd take you for a drive!

Don't get a titty whatever you do.

They're like arseholes-everyone has one.

If you wnat to stick to the VAG stable,then may I suggest an S4?

2.7litre bi-turbo and 265bhp outta the box-chipped and your easily pushing 300brake and very understated,looks-wise.

Running costs(as with most Audis :roll: ) are a bit pricey-I just got stung for £200 to fit two new rear tyres(Dunlop SP9000) on my S3.

But out of your list,I would have the TVR every time. 8)

this list was

rs focus

lotus elise

tvr tuscan

audi tt

vx220

I'd get the RS Focus 8)

Surely you're joking?

Ford, Vauxhall and TVR on the same list?

Er... TVR!

Depends, I always consider the cars I buy to be daily drivers. I don't have the luxury of a garage or large grounds around my house to store second or third cars in.

On that basis there is no way in hell I'd ever choose a Chimera to be a daily car. They eat rear dampers (which cost £250 each) every 15-20K, they have bad earthing problems, they drink fuel and TVRs or that era weren't built terribly well either.

Elise, too small, noisy and drafty. Ditto the VX220. TT, already covered that.

So the Focus it is.

I would have a Tuscan though!

EDIT - My bad, just notice Tuscan WAS in the list, dunno where I got Chimera from.....so yeah, I'd have that as a daily car :-)

a mate of mine just bought a denim blue LHD 180 TT, not my favorite cars and after being in his I dont really see why people are doing TT dash transplants, it looked a bit cheap and very 'plastic' to me. He reckons the grip is outstanding, and after previously owning a Cooper-S, he says it outshines it by miles. yeah sure they're not a involving to drive as alot of other cars, but i guess it depends what you want from your motor.

if you can stomach a LHD version they're drasticly cheaper than the RHD alterantives.