Sign in to follow this  
double-6s

C is no longer my daily driver!! Yay!!

Oh my god LMAO! gaz!

nowt wrong with that mate

fair play for doing what you gotta do. i've done some sh*t jobs in my time.

Yea, had to bite the bullet and do it :mad:

/off topic :-P

Oh god it's that crap I'm too embarrased to say!

is this gonna turn in to a dudley moore and pete cooke sketch about the worst job i`ve ever had :lol:

tell ya what, i`ll start it off if ya like....now and again i have to stick my ( gloved ) arm down effluent pump float chambers to remove ....stuff, very unpleasant but very well paid

nice. you're like the 'old spice man' on buildin sites gaz

nearly chucked me coco pops up the 1st time but you get used to it....it is a minor part of the sort of work i do. 16v, nothing wrong in being a petrol kiosk dude, checking out women and all the chocolate you can thieve :thumbleft:

nice. you're like the 'old spice man' on buildin sites gaz

is this a good thing ? :lol:

nope :)

its the guy who sucks everyone's sh*t from the site bog into the lorry and feks off with it. they ALL stink of oldspice ;)

(for obvious reasons - its better than sh*t, but not much more expensive)

worst job on site.

i dont fancy it myself, i actually install pumps and piping in railway envoirments, everything from water softeners to effluent disposal, not a bad number actually but i rarely have to get involved in the sh*te side tbh

nah, cant do the office thing, i `m self employed and have my own limited company and travel all over the place, i tend to employ casual labour for the big installations and the missus does all the bookwork, just been lucky really this last few years that all my gambles have paid off so far

You lucky devil double-6s. It's nice not to have to drive them every day, give'm a rest :)

what have you been doing for a living ...i know its site work...i`m just interested

i'm a surveyor/project manager mate. not a bad job really - nice and varied and always out

Trig - its about time the old girl was given a break. poor thing :)

Gaz - mate they said i can use it for private use!! (the card) :) :) :)

You'd probably better not mention that to the tax man ...

I was referring to the use of the petrol card for your own car. If the tax man gets wind that your company pays your private petrol bill you'll be liable for that, big style...!

And yes, technically if you have full use of a company vehicle, I think that is supposed to be a taxable benefit. If they can claim that you never EVER use it for personal travel (i.e. you leave it at work), then you won't be liable, but if you take it home every night that becomes impossible to prove.

(Plus, don't mean to be stroppy, but I live in a small residential street, and it's really annoying when our limited parking is packed with massive bloody transit vans!)

mate, i'm not white van man!!! its a tiny thing i'll be getting. i'm a consultant don't ya know! ;)

from what i've been told, i'm not liable for any tax as its a pool car? hope thats true!!

can my practice not give me optimax as a gift? ;)

mate, i'm not white van man!!! its a tiny thing i'll be getting. i'm a consultant don't ya know! ;)

from what i've been told, i'm not liable for any tax as its a pool car? hope thats true!!

can my practice not give me optimax as a gift? ;)

Really? A consultant driving a VR6? Wow! ;)

No, prolly not liable for tax on the car, but keep your eye on the petrol card. They usually require you to log the number plate when you use them, and the guys in the forecourts aren't going to necessarily be willing to turn a blind eye to you lying about which reg number. Plus the VR prolly requires Super and the company vehicle uses ...? The tax man will jump all over that if it comes up on the receipts.

All gifts are taxable! At least, that's what I keep telling my missus.. ;)