Sign in to follow this  
corradokid

Need a bit of ebay help pretty quickly!

Ok guys, Bidded for a car which I won, I had not seen the car but asked the seller about it and also asked if it was hpi clear to which the reply was yes. However its not. Its been recorded as a cat C during the present owners ownership. So the question really is what to do? I have not told the seller yet that I know, should I report this to ebay?

Im basically asking you guys what you think the correct procedure should be?

report it to ebay and dont pay up, if you have proof that he said it was HPI clear (emails maybe?) and the proof that it isnt, then you'd be totally justified in telling him to feck off! winning an auction on ebay isnt legally binding, no matter what the sellers might say.

in your report to ebay all you need say is that the advert was misleading and the seller withheld important information which affects the value of the item.

Whats the worst that will happen?..You'll get 1 bad feedback comment, to which you can reply with the reasons why you pulled out of the sale.

Don't buy the car, becasue if you have already proved that the seller is a liar you can't trust anything he says.

Yeah chrishill, is right...comlete misleading advertising! Report it to ebay straight away, before the seller does something nasty and reports you for not paying for it :wink:

hmmm, tricky one that. In theory, the fact he lied to you about the hpi, means his description of the car was in accurate, so you should be ok to back out of the sale? I'd wouldn't have thought he'd have a leg to stand on really!

tell him to do one. leave bad feedback, or suggest to him that if he leaves you good feedback first, you will leave him neutral. ....and then leave bad!

tell him to do one. leave bad feedback, or suggest to him that if he leaves you good feedback first, you will leave him neutral. ....and then leave bad!

you evil fecker mr baron lol

corradokid - your answers are in the 1st two posts. And infact ebay will remove any bad feedback given to you regarding this matter should the seller be arsy enough; thus no effect.

Learn from this and dont buy without seeing.

I wouldn't worry too much, it'll only reduce your % slightly, provided you've sold loads of stuff already, if not sell some tat. I went to see a Mk3 GTI last weekend and the back end was all filler - it was a right dog, yet from the pics it looked mint. Someone still bought it for £2300!

Learn from this and dont buy without seeing.