Sign in to follow this  
Jade

Rally Driving

Ok so I just got accepted for the 'Lady Quest 06' at Silverstone . Got to go at the end of April for my trial day of track and gravel rally training .

So just wondered if anyone had been and done any sort of Rally training to give me an idea of what I have let myself in for !!! :confused4:

well done - what is it? lol! Never done any rally training but know a lot of people who have.

And your sig - wtf??!!

He's probably talking about the bit that begins with the spanking and ends with the creamy muck muck. If he's not, he should be...

With regard to the spanking, is your preference a) spanker, or b) spankee? The question is purely for scientific purposes I assure you.

ive been rally driving twice

never to silverstone, my mate said it was 'dissapointing'

from what i recall they use pug 106's but ive never done fwd rallying, only RS2000 mk2s

but i have done tarmac and loose gravel, cant really give any advice apart from listen to the instructors and dont go thinking you know it all, you really dont - especially when they take you out to show you how to do it properly ;)

ive been rally driving twice

never to silverstone, my mate said it was 'dissapointing'

from what i recall they use pug 106's but ive never done fwd rallying, only RS2000 mk2s

but i have done tarmac and loose gravel, cant really give any advice apart from listen to the instructors and dont go thinking you know it all, you really dont - especially when they take you out to show you how to do it properly ;)

Cheers , believe me i wont be taking any ego with me . Im gonna go to learn , not to try and show off :D

fair play jade!!! quality. thats fekin sorted. good luck with that :)

as for spanker/spankee - have a word with yaself. there's certain natural things in life, and that DOES NOT include me GETTING a spankin.

;)

Ronan, anything within reason

, and its 3 days with groups of 10 women

double-6s, cheers matey

Jade Hi,

I have actually done this twice, Lady Quest that is !!

(Just incase the guys get all excited !)

I have done about 4 Rally days, but the 2 for Lady Quest with Silverstone Rally School. As you know they is a fantastic prize of them paying for a full year of Rally Competition. 10 People go through to the finals, annoyingly I just missed the points, even when I went the 2nd year, the guys all thought I had gotton through previoulsy.

Anyway, what they are looking for - is to see a noticable improvement through the day. This proving you have the ability to Listen and Learn. Also though, they need someone who is able to present themselves to Journalists should they win. So be able to talk quite confidentially and be interesting.

You will also be given a test - don't worry about this, its along the lines of providing you with a scenario when out on a rally, of say a puncture and damaged wheel. You will then be advised it is 5 miles to the end of that Rally stage, bearing in mind time is of utmost importance, Do you - change the wheel or crawl the car home.

You may also be asked if you have to change a wheel, with your Co driver, who would do what and in what order. Again remember Time is important on the Rally stage.

I hope all that gives you some indication of what the day has in store. If I remember other items I will let you know, but if you have particular questions - please just ask. Pm me.

Good Luck

Wendy

Cheers !! Im sure i will think of some things so will pm u if i have any questions

used to work for ford motor sport building cars for the WRC got to test quite a few and had a lot of fun doing so , im sure you will have a blast doing it so enjoy yourself and well done :multi:

those little things that grow up to be the biggest expense in your life ( not my corrado ) kids love em little monsters , couldnt be away from home 8 months of the year missing them grow up managed it or 6 but missed the family to much , only regret now is i also miss the money i used to earn but my kids are so much better than that . :roll: