Sign in to follow this  
The Hub

Acellerator stuck at 130mph

Orrrr the scally was ragging his BMW and got spotted by some nice men in a car with blue flashy lights - he made a dash for it and crashed when he got to a roundabout.

He then makes up a oh-so-highly believable story about his accelerator sticking open and him not being able to slow down... :roll:

So if he was on a long stretch of road, surely just turning off the ignition and allowing himself to coast to a slow stop would be just too difficult?

Sorry but I call BS on this, definately...

Erm - steering lock?

The throttle stuck open on my old E30 325i Auto coming off a roundabout once, but that car had a sticking kick down mechanism, was always doing it - much to my amusement :-)

If you know how to drive a car, then you should know how to stop one, or make sure you find out how to stop one. "Technical forsight".... what a crock. I'm sorry but 90% of drivers would think instinctively to turn the engine off. 130mph man was an idiot. He had more than enough time to figure it out.

Surely they can tell if he's lying by checking the brakes. If he was braking as claimed then surely they are completed f**ked. Surprised they didnt melt a lock everything completely.

What was the point in perjurising (is that a real word) himself to get out of a speeding ticket? He must've realised he'd be found out.

Mind you he probably also thought that haircut would look good :wink:

He said he decided against turning off the engine for fear the steering would lock.

Muppet! Turning the ignition on would release that.