Sign in to follow this  
Rick_ford55

Wow brakes??

i took my c on a road trip to dundee the other day and the trip there was brill 200+ miles on b and dual :) but on the trip back half way down the road the brake pedal seemed to lose its pressure......i had to put the pedal almost to the floor to find any resistance however if i pumped the brakes a few times the resistance was there........is this a classic case of air in the system or something worse :cry: ....oh and i can hear a little whining coming from the back of the car when i'm going fairly slowly that you can here pretty load and is very :oops: any ideas what this could be? Its a 94 vr6

Whining will be wheel bearing, brakes is just air in the system somewhere, or a foofed master cylinder. Neither of them are a major job.

How old is your brake fluid? If it's over 12 months and you've had fade that bad it's time to swap it.

It's a two person job unfortunately to bleed the system. One to pump the pedal, one to open and close the bleed nipple....

Can you use a pressure bleader with the C. I have 1, connect it to the spare. Make sure the spare is a little deflated, 20psi to power the bleader. Always had superb results with it.