Sign in to follow this  
madscientist

camshaft position sensor not sat right?

I had my VR on VAG-com and i got the 00515 intermitant. Got a new sender 021 907 601A. I fitted it yesterday but the new one had a seal 3/4 of the way down instead so it would not sit flush to the rocker cover as the old one did?

My car is still down on power but just wanted to know if the error code needs to be deleted first or could it be that the sendor is not positioned properly.

had he same when i did mine last year, just put a bit of wd40 on it and tap it in, and make sure that the rubber seal has not been left in the hole from your old one. and just check the part numbers, 8)

Yeah i did leave the old one in at first and then realised after it didnt fit properly. I then tried to refit it but it still didnt want to go fully in, i thought went i tighted it up it might pull it in but no.

Kad- did you have to have the error code deleted afterwards?

Right , i had another go at it last night after i had bought a proper plug lead removal lead.

This is a pic of the new CPS on the left. (See rubber seal 3/4 way up)

DSC00063.jpg

This is what it looked like in position

DSC00064.jpg

and it was still running crap like that, It wouldnt push in at all, so in the end i just moved the seal out of the grove and it now sits flush with the head.

Wow, Now i know why i bought a VR6 :D Full steam ahead :lol:

looks the same as mine that i changed last year, cant see why your having this problem, try taking it to the stealers, and see if they will have a look at it, heres a pic of mine so you can see the difference in my 2, but the new one went straight in, :?

I dont fancy paying the stealers £50/hour or whatever they charge just to look at it? The seal did feal a bit loose tho, maybe the seal got hot and expanded before i pushed it in?

its not very big mate. Its on the right side of the head, above the coil pack. You cant miss it! It has a 3/4 wire plug.

Get the torch out.

MMmmmm.......... not sure.

I have a coilpack amd its directly above it. Need to ask someone else mate. It maybe hidden inside the dizzy.

T.