Sign in to follow this  
double-6s

KW Coilovers (and Weitec whilst we're here!)

Howdy.

Anyone using or know anything about KW variant 1 coilovers?? Or Weitec Hicon TX 'Plus'??

Anyone other than the guy who's just about to sell me some that is ;)

The KW's seem to be very well rated in Germany, but they have decent roads!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Ta.

Will

Edit: are the rears on the KW variant 1 kit coilies? On the pics i've seen they don't look like they have a screw thread for height adjustment? Or am i just chicken oriental?? :)

Darren's your man for KW coilover advice, and Weitec stuff too... :)

he's also the man that will be selling em to me!

Darren's your man for KW coilover advice, and Weitec stuff too... :)

he's also the man that will be selling em to me!

heheh, oops! :oops:

KW are "the" suspension at the moment... you can definately do a lot lot worse... AND they dont jam up either

so what are the purple and black rears i've seen in the pics darren?

They will be mk4/ passat etc fitment where the spring is seperate from the rear damper

Good man!

What slightly concerns me is the 16V/G60/VR6 all use the same KW-15280005 kit. I like to see car specific damper valving and spring rates personally, but that's just me :-)

£859 RRP is a bit Sweet & sour hong kong style tho! They'd better be good for that much!

Mainly for keeping the oil cooler and to allow for bigger piston rods IIRC...

It's the same setup the Clio 182 Cup uses and most race teams.

Are they proper 3-way adjustable dampers or just ride-height adjustable like so many coilovers?

So how did you find these?

Me? I didn't get KWs in the end mate. Went for H&R RSS Clubsports instead.

And I'm finding them very hard! :) Definately worth the pain though as the trade-off is almost surreal road-holding and cornering ability. I'm still totally amazed at the speed with which it changes direction now! I have got 'the odd' squeak and rattle now though :(

Are they proper 3-way adjustable dampers or just ride-height adjustable like so many coilovers?

They are proper 3 way adjustable, the V2's have 2 way adjustment ie height and rebound.

HTH

They are proper 3 way adjustable, the V2's have 2 way adjustment ie height and rebound.

Thanks. I need to make a decision on suspension by Saturday so I'll look into these.

I wouldn't make a decision until you've tried some actually on a car mate. Suspension and ride (comfort) are such subjective issues - one man's 'amazing handling' is another man's unbearably hard' and so on.

Try before you buy if you can fella.

Good advice, but difficult to achieve in practise unfortunately. :(

Kev and I seem to have a similar outlook on mods, it would seem, and I know of Gaz from TVR circles and they have a reasonable following (although considered a budget choice for people not wanting to shell out for Nitron) so I may have a punt at the Gaz coilovers he is running.

Or I may just replace my current H&R springs and Koni dampers with like-for-like.

Anyway, I seem to have hijacked this thread a bit so I'll back out now. :)

Yeah, the try-before-you-buy apporach won't exactly work with things like coilies. Which dealer would want to take a set back, once you don't like it, as it's then no longer sellable as brandnew?

Facing the same variety decision myself. Have experience with the Sachs and FK Königsports on my 2 Roccos, but that's about it.

Tempest

double-6s, I can't figure out if the RSS's are two way adjustable, are they? If so can you get a softness out of them with the dampner setting for when you're just commuting?